San Francisco Lager Yeast at 62 degrees

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryno1ryno

Reaction score
This yeast can ferment, according to whitelabs website, from 50-65 degrees.

I would like to try this at 62 degrees.

The reason for this is I have a temp controlled fridge that I use fpr both fermenting and bottling.

Will I have a problem bottling a secondary at 62 degrees while the San Fran batch fermentates?

I could go lower if it wont effect the bottled secondary.

My primary was 3 weeks.

Thanks.

This yeast can ferment, according to whitelabs website, from 50-65 degrees.

I would like to try this at 62 degrees.

The reason for this is I have a temp controlled fridge that I use fpr both fermenting and bottling.

Will I have a problem bottling a secondary at 62 degrees while the San Fran batch fermentates?

I could go lower if it wont effect the bottled secondary.

My primary was 3 weeks.

Thanks.

62 degrees should be fine. I seem to recall, however, that Anchor pitches around 60-62 and the beer ends up rising up to about 68? You may be able to find the podcast where I heard it (www.thebrewingnetwork.com ... it was an episode of The Session).

Thanks.

But what about secondary on an Amber Ale using English Ale yeast that has been fermenting at 68 f.

I am trying to both ferment and secondary in the same fidge.

Thanks.

But what about secondary on an Amber Ale using English Ale yeast that has been fermenting at 68 f.

I am trying to both ferment and secondary in the same fidge.

If it's at FG and it doesn't have diacetyl (which is reduced better in the upper 60s, compared to 62), then the lower temp should be better in my opinion.

Back