New Member from Northern Maine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socmat23

Reaction score
Hey guys I just created a name to this website, but I don't quite feel like a new member. I have been using this site for a long time to answer all my question. Figured Id finally sign up and say thanks to all of you.

As for me as a brewer, I switched over to all-grain brewing, and kegging a little while ago and I'm just starting to get the very basics down. Where I live in Maine gets better cold in the winter, so I switched over to making about 1 gallon batches on my stove top to try out new things for the time being.

I also just started working for a local micro brew called Black Bear Brewey. Its a blast, and im able to get a lot of equipment and supplies for next to nothing working here.

Well once again, I'd like to thank all of you for all the help you guys have unknowingly given to me. I look forward to continue reading this forum to broaden my knowledge about brewing.

Welcome! Its always good to see a fellow Mainer.

I graduated from UMaine in May so I am definitely familiar with the Black Bear products.

Its not that cold, get out there and brew! haha

yeah im actually from scarborough, Im just trying to finish my 7th year of college and move back to the Portland area.

I have a buddy who lives in Nova Scotia that passes through Maine quite frequently and sends me back beer I can't get here. I must ask him if he can get his hands on a beer to send me.
Congrats.

the brewery is still kind of small and only does kegs in a mass quantity. He does do growlers that he sells out of the brewery and just down the street at the local liquor store.

Back