Heading to Atlanta (Duluth) this week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Duluth, umm, not that I know of.

There is 5 Seasons in Alpharetta which is very near Duluth.

If you want to head back into the Atlanta area there are a few:
-Rock Botton
-Gordon Biersch
-Max Lagers

Now, even better IMO, in Decatur:
-Twains
-The Brickstore, not a brewpub but one of the best beer bars in the area, within walking distance of Twains

If you are looking for a decent (marginally) dinner, bad service, but a good selection of draft beer, you should check out TacoMac. I know there is one in Duluth.

Checked out 5 Seasons last night. Not bad. Heavy on the Belgian selections. Had their "Venus" Belgian White, tasted more like a German Heffe to me. Tried the "Golden Number" ale, I liked that one the most. Got the "Black Star" stout, which I guess was voted "Best stout in the world" in 2000. Didn't care for it much, tasted like burned plastic to me.

evanmars said:
Checked out 5 Seasons last night. Not bad. Heavy on the Belgian selections. Had their "Venus" Belgian White, tasted more like a German Heffe to me. Tried the "Golden Number" ale, I liked that one the most. Got the "Black Star" stout, which I guess was voted "Best stout in the world" in 2000. Didn't care for it much, tasted like burned plastic to me.

Cool. I have never actually been there. Maybe I should have prefaced my recommendation with that :cross:

The homebrew supply store I shop at is fairly near there, I keep meaning to go for lunch when I am up there.

I have to second the Brickstore suggestion. It is, by far, the best bar in town. TacoMac is a decent second (I've only been to the one at Lindburgh, but they have 50+ beers on tap). Duluth is basically a suburban no-man's land, as you've no doubt realized.

Oh, and since it's Wednesday, Twain's should have a cask on, I believe. I'll probably be there, so I hope to see you there as well!

evanmars said:
Twain's looks good, but the drive back up to Duluth could be frought with peril after drinking a few pints.

Well, fair enough, but the drink & swerve is an Atlanta tradition!

/kidding, I don't actually encourge drinking and driving.
//Cabs are cheap here.

I haven't been there, but Vreny's Biergarten is right next to my office in Duluth and has been calling my name for some time.

Why haven't I been? I'm a telecommuter, and home is 2 hours away. So when I leave the office, I'm saddling up and heading south...

evanmars said:
Twain's looks good, but the drive back up to Duluth could be frought with peril after drinking a few pints.

+2. I fear Duluth police when I've just been to the store and bought a few pints to take home... :(

Latest posts

Back