Drinking 1st AG- that MO is gooood!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
My first AG is drinkable at last. I think if I can keep from drinking it all up in the first week it's gonna be some really good brew. My first reaction is that Maris Otter is worth the extra few bucks it costs. I think I'm gonna be using a lot of that stuff!

It took me awhile to take the plunge. (Then, once I finally did do it, it took me forever to get my first batch out of the secondary and into bottles! I suspect a kegging system is on the horizon for me). My second batch is ready to bottle, too, but I'm a little disappointed because it looks like for some reason it turned out to be only about a 4 gallon one. I don't know how I lost so much beer from kettle to secondary. Oh, well. I imagine it will still taste good.

I can see already, though, that this is going to be a problem. I just drained my second bottle and wish I had a third!

Congrats. Just remember that if you are patient, I bet that brew is only going to improve with a bit of age... if you can last that long! (You had better hide a box of bottles somewhere now.)

Congrats. Take my word, you'll try for years to make another batch just like that one.

I just brewed a new recipe w/ maris otter. I'm hoping it turns out as good as I think it will.

Cheers :mug:

Back