Need Idea to form Splash Guard for pumps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirilis

Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I finally got time to finish my wiring.

I also bought the 12 x 24 x 0.063 tread plate to use as a splash guard for my pumps. I have limited tools so I need some creative ideas to try and figure out how to make nice bends on the sheet. I was thinking about putting a hinge on a 2x4 and then clamping the hinge and tread plate to my wood clamping table and then using the 2x4 as leverage to make the bend but im not sure if that will work. Anyone else have any suggestions?

I used a plastic coffee can with about 1/4 cut out (the handle area). However, you can also spray paint a metal one, like one of the big chock-full-o-nuts.

Was gonna suggest gas vent pipe sections cut in half to make semicircles, but coffee cans are probably cheaper.

I already bought the aluminum tread plate i just gotta figure out how to bend it without making it look like crap.. and at 30 bucks for the plate if i scre it up Im not getting another one so i gotta get it right the first time.

take it to a fab shop and have them use a break. The results will be far better than any DIY attempts

+1

it'll take a few seconds, they probably will charge very little, and you might make a handy new friend. plus it'll look good.

I just took a used plastic PBW container, split down the middle, and attached through the mount holes. Sorry for the poor quality iPhone pic.

pumpshields.jpg

Back