Which keg system to buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snisleziggy

Reaction score
I've finally got the money to purchase a kegging system. I've narrowed it down to two choices. Both are practically the same exact system, but one comes with a few free extra items. I just thought I'd get a little input from you guys.

The first one is from KegConnection.com. It's the basic 1 keg kit w/ 5# co2 tank (plus gas and beverage hookups), but it also comes with 16oz Brew Clean, 8oz Star San, a bottle opener, and a set of O-rings. The price is $139.95 (w/o shipping. ~$165 w/ shipping). I like this one because as of right now, I'm out of sanitizer and I like free stuff.

Link: http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=325

The second one is from my "local" home brew store (It's the closest one, but it's still a 45 minute drive both ways). It's also a basic 1 keg kit w/ 5# tank (plus gas and beverage hookups). The only extra thing this one comes with is a new set of O-rings.The price is $164.85. The thing I like about this one is that I would be supporting my LHBS and also I would have it that day.

Link: http://ebrew.com/cornelius_kegging_system_ball_lock/cornelius_ball_lock_system.htm

Both have their ups and downs. I just figured I would ask some advice from others that are a little more knowledgeable about the subject than I am. Thanks in advance. I can't wait to start kegging! Gotta get another batch going soon.

Seems like a toss up to me. I think it's up for you to decide what is more valuable to you....
1. Bottle opener, starsan and brew clean
or
2. Supporting your LHBS

Both systems seem to have the same quality and components. The only helpful information I can provide is that kegconnection has always been great for me. However, you LHBS may have been great to you in the past.

Buy keg connection from ebay and get 8% off ebay with bing cashback until the end of July.

I am in the same boat and was hoping for more Father Days sales, but have not seen any on kegging stuff on sale as of yet. :(

Bought two keg and beverage set-ups from ebrew...they are great, very helpful. Gotta support the LHBS!

My $.02 worth. If you purchase your grain, hops, etc. from your LHBS then I'd say go with KegConnection because you're already supporting them. Regardless of what you decide welcome to the wonderful world of kegging.

Welcome to kegging!

I like to support my LHBS, but I am cheap and they are not open 24/7. I order most of my stuff online. I usually try to stop in to visit Chuck and buy a few odds and ends.

Back