First time beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyjabs

Reaction score
Hi I brewed my first batch of red ale a few weeks back. Does anyone know how long it needs to sit once bottled? I opened one yesterday and it has enough carbonation but it has a slight yeast taste. Will it get better if it sits longer than a week?

Hi I brewed my first batch of red ale a few weeks back. Does anyone know how long it needs to sit once bottled? I opened one yesterday and it has enough carbonation but it has a slight yeast taste. Will it get better if it sits longer than a week?

Tons of threads on that. Search around, but the gist of all of them is 3 weeks at 70 degrees will get you carbonated (for lwoer gravity beers). It will also allow the beer to age and become less "green".

pabloj13 said:
Tons of threads on that. Search around, but the gist of all of them is 3 weeks at 70 degrees will get you carbonated (for lwoer gravity beers). It will also allow the beer to age and become less "green".

Thank you. I am new to this and new here. I will search around

Back