STC 1000 Set Up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Run4BeerCO

Reaction score
I've decided to go ahead with the STC1000 to set up my fermentation chamber. The wiring diagram is basic so that is no problem. I watched a video where a guy set up the hot and cold side each with a female power cord and of course the power with a male.

Where do I get the female/male cords? I've only seen people buy an extension cord and strip off the component parts. Is this the only way to go about acquiring female ends?

You can purchase the plugs - male and female and the necessary wire from your local hardware store. You still will need to purchase the wire separately, so many people just purchase an appropriately sized extension cord and cut it. (in many cases the extension cord will be less expensive)

An alternative is to purchase a two-gang, deep electrical box and mount the controller and a receptical in the box - there is a build in the DIY section that shows this approach.

Back