El Stupido Me....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay....need advice.

I carbonated my Vanilla Cream Ale batch a few days ago. After tasting it I decided it didn't have enough vanilla or the hint of sweetness I wanted in it, so I added a cup of vanilla sugar (boiled a cup of water and a cup of sugar and added a tsp. of vanilla extract) to the keg.

NOW IT IS TOO DAMN SWEET.

Here is my proposal....seeing it is real cane sugar and not lactose, can I take the keg out of the kegerator, throw it in the garage and let that sugar ferment out? I've been venting the keg throughout the day to release the CO2, and I'll continue to do that IF it ferments.

My main concern is spoilage. I think the yeast will ferment out that extra sugar but will warmer temps spoil the beer?

Thanks bros......

Everybody says it's OK to take bottles out of the fridge...seems like it would be ok for a keg too.

homebrewer_99 said:
1 cup to 5 gals - I would suspect that it is not mixed well - YET.

Give it a spin or two to try to remix it and check it in a day or two. You might be surprised. :D

One cup to 2.5 gallons.
Does that change your mind? :p

I would move it somewhere about 60F and vent AND sample daily. It won't spoil, but it will foam like crazy. Once it's down to the sweetness you like, chill it.

Back