Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember that year Brady was hurt? What'd they win, 2 games? It's a one-man team. When he retires, the Patriots will look like they did in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I usually completely ignore lame-azz Steeler fan posts but that one was too funny to pass up).

Remember that year Brady was hurt? What'd they win, 2 games? It's a one-man team. When he retires, the Patriots will look like they did in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

I've gotta ask: was this sarcasm?

Because I'm hoping it was sarcasm. That, or you were smoking a lot of good stuff that year and completely forgot what actually happened that year and tried to talk smack and failed.

But if it was sarcasm, well played.

Not the team that plays in the weakest division in football and is handed a playoff birth before the season even starts. Then proceeds to choke in the playoffs. Not that team for sure. Fact is, your definition of "dominant" is simply whatever the Patriots have done like total wins or neat stats by Brady. But hey, that's what being a fanatic is all about...unrealistic delusional views on your team.

Ok fair enough...

Give me one meaningful statistic that says they aren't TMDTOTM.

Most wins over that time?
Most points scored over that time?
Most divisional titles?
Most conference titles?
Most Super Bowl wins?
Having been in almost half the Super Bowls played over that time frame.
Largest margin of victory?
Only perfect 16 game regular season?
Most prolific offense in the history of the game?
Most TD passes in a season?
Most TD receptions in a season?

Go ahead. Let's hear it. Give me ONE stat that says they aren't.

Ok fair enough...

Give me one meaningful statistic that says they aren't TMDTOTM.

Most wins over that time?
Most points scored over that time?
Most divisional titles?
Most conference titles?
Most Super Bowl wins?
Having been in almost half the Super Bowls played over that time frame.
Largest margin of victory?
Only perfect 16 game regular season?
Most prolific offense in the history of the game?
Most TD passes in a season?
Most TD receptions in a season?

Go ahead. Let's hear it. Give me ONE stat that says they aren't.

I agree. The Pats used to be really good...

Hey hey hey don't cross contaminate threads.

Normally i would agree but that is way too good not to share. I even freakin read that to my SWMBO... Who immediately started laughing.... And ten laughed even harder at "there have been four wolf-related deaths... "

Post of the year by Az right there. I pissed myself laughing for about two hours over that... "There have been four wolf-related deaths..." Still cracks me up!

Normally i would agree but that is way too good not to share. I even freakin read that to my SWMBO... Who immediately started laughing.... And ten laughed even harder at "there have been four wolf-related deaths... "

Post of the year by Az right there. I pissed myself laughing for about two hours over that... "There have been four wolf-related deaths..." Still cracks me up!

That was pretty epic, a little moreso than the Cards beating the Patriots.

I agree. The Pats used to be really good...

Not gonna actually accept the challenge though are you?

Fine... Take the last three years, since I'm hoping that would be recent enough for you... And run me those same stats tough guy.

I'll wait.

Or are you basing your entire argument on a "week by week" basis?

Cape Brewing said:

I liked the swimming pools myself. I went out and filled pools around my neighborhood with concrete to save the kids this winter.

Not gonna actually accept the challenge though are you?

Fine... Take the last three years, since I'm hoping that would be recent enough for you... And run me those same stats tough guy.

I'll wait.

Or are you basing your entire argument on a "week by week" basis?

Who are you tying to convince?

Ok tough guy... Answer the question then. Give me the name of one team that has been more dominant this millennium.

Why do you count all the Super Bowls as though they are equal? You've lost more Super Bowls than you have won, including the past 2.

In the past 12 years (giving you a bit more than the decade) when the Patriots have made the Super Bowl, those same years the rest of the teams in your division were...wait for it... 127-161 combined.

Edit: Forgot to mention that in 2007, the rest of your division won a total of 7 games combined. You lost the SB that year. Dominance.

You have been the best team in the worst division for so long, you are starting to believe your "dominance" was over actual competition.

Talk to us when you are at least a .500 team in the Big Game, or your division is close to respectable.

I think a lot of teams in their division have destroyed themselves trying to compete against the Patriots. The Jets were the second coming a couple of years ago according to a lot of media reports (albeit biased by NY media) and now look at that mess. Parcell's jumping around didn't help any team. Plus just go back a couple of years and the AFC was clearly dominant over the NFC. Pretty dumb argument if the naysayers are saying week by week or this year wipes everything in history. Or I got into the playoffs and lets pop the champagne. Making it to the SuperBowl means something. Plus winning it several times means A LOT. I think a good portion of teams have fashioned their teams to compete with the Pats ie NYG.

Every season we get a new crop of folks who just don't get this thread and over time they either get it (see Moto as the classic example)... or they get all pissy and storm off in a huff. I have to admit, I actually enjoy the later more than the former.

McBrewski was on the fence for a while... and i think he's starting to come around.
Punity was on the fence for a short time and it clicked quick with him.... although I'm not 100% sure if that was him just getting it or trying to distance himself from Hoppy ASAP.
Hoppy seems like he's at least starting to get it.. a little.

there is always a new crop.

It's like the seasons.

The pats have played the hardest schedule in the afc this year, look it up. I posted it a few pages ago. what else do you want?

Oh my god, a statistic that places the Patriots at the top of the list! Let's post it!

Seriously though, the differential margin of strength of schedule is nominal, especially given all the (yep, I'm going to say it), parity. You're 1% higher than 3 other AFC teams, and 2% lower than 3 NFC teams.

I'm not even sure your comment was in response to me, but I'm not debating this year. You guys have played well at times, even dominated a few games. But to say the entire "00's" decade was dominated by the Pats without even acknowledging the competition and the SB losses is nuts.

Speaking of Moto. I thought he was going to be posting 24/7 now that he was mobile. Maybe we should check LifeAlert and make sure he's not on the kitchen floor with a bowl of spilled blueberries.

Speaking of Moto. I thought he was going to be posting 24/7 now that he was mobile. Maybe we should check LifeAlert and make sure he's not on the kitchen floor with a bowl of spilled blueberries.

He's still digging out the basement under his grandma's single wide...

Oh my god, a statistic that places the Patriots at the top of the list! Let's post it!

Seriously though, the differential margin of strength of schedule is nominal, especially given all the (yep, I'm going to say it), parity. You're 1% higher than 3 other AFC teams, and 2% lower than 3 NFC teams.

I'm not even sure your comment was in response to me, but I'm not debating this year. You guys have played well at times, even dominated a few games. But to say the entire "00's" decade was dominated by the Pats without even acknowledging the competition and the SB losses is nuts.

ok... then who has more Super Bowl wins?

We never said they were the most dominant team EVER... we said they were the most dominant team of the millenium (TMDTOTM).

And you spew these Super Bowl losses as horrible things. Uhhh... YEAH... OBVIOUSLY we would have preferred to win but that means they made it further than all but ONE team in those years. So they have 3 first place finishes and 2 second place finishes over the time frame we're talking about.

... now... again... give me the name of the team who's done better than that.

And your whole "boo hoo, the AFC East sucks" argument is a pile of crap. Sure, they suck somethin' fierce this year (last year too) but that wasn't the case over the last 11 years. And the AFC was the dominant conference for much of the 2000's

Cape Brewing said:
Every season we get a new crop of folks who just don't get this thread and over time they either get it (see Moto as the classic example)... or they get all pissy and storm off in a huff. I have to admit, I actually enjoy the later more than the former.

It's like the seasons.

I think most of them get it. It is really obnoxious that they keep insisting the Pats are not TMDTOTM.

I mean reeeeeally obnoxious.

The Patriots SUCK! I know this personally because they're not in TEXAS!!!

hehehe.....

Awwwwww... that's adorable.

Hey jkendal... you're not still putting medication on your anus from the prison raping the Pats recently gave the Texans are you?? I hope not. I hope it healed up quick. That's gotta be awkward at work... putting more medication on while you're in the men's room.

"Hey jkendal!! What the hell are you doing in that stall!!??! You been in there for like 15 minutes!!"

"Nuttttttthing!!! just putting some medication on my anus!!!"

Cape Brewing said:
... now... again... give me the name of the team who's done better than that.

Ok, the Giants. I'd argue that they were just as effective in the playoffs winning 2 of 3 Super Bowls in the time you reference, and that their wins were more dominant since they beat the almighty Pats in most recent years.

Better win percentage, and beat you twice. Also in a division with much stronger competition among those years.

Ok, the Giants. I'd argue that they were just as effective in the playoffs winning 2 of 3 Super Bowls in the time you reference, and that their wins were more dominant since they beat the almighty Pats in most recent years.

Better win percentage, and beat you twice. Also in a division with much stronger competition among those years.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

So the Giants being 2 of 3 is better than 3 of 5???

AAAAAA AHAHAHAHAH!!!!

You should PM jkendal and see if you can borrow some of his meds

Why do you count all the Super Bowls as though they are equal? You've lost more Super Bowls than you have won, including the past 2.

In the past 12 years (giving you a bit more than the decade) when the Patriots have made the Super Bowl, those same years the rest of the teams in your division were...wait for it... 127-161 combined.

Edit: Forgot to mention that in 2007, the rest of your division won a total of 7 games combined. You lost the SB that year. Dominance.

You have been the best team in the worst division for so long, you are starting to believe your "dominance" was over actual competition.

Talk to us when you are at least a .500 team in the Big Game, or your division is close to respectable.

bam! look at all those relevant facts!!!

Awwwwww... that's adorable.

Hey jkendal... you're not still putting medication on your anus from the prison raping the Pats recently gave the Texans are you?? I hope not. I hope it healed up quick. That's gotta be awkward at work... putting more medication on while you're in the men's room.

"Hey jkendal!! What the hell are you doing in that stall!!??! You been in there for like 15 minutes!!"

"Nuttttttthing!!! just putting some medication on my anus!!!"

Nah, it healed up quick - that was a MISERABLE experience, though...

blueberries aren't in season...

also mobile typing is hard. very hard. siri is very helpful but I can't exactly say "cape is a f--king monkey nut" out loud in the office...

It's nice to know I can still stir the pot after all these years. You younguns are a hard bunch, though.....

Back