Lager fermentation help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sully20331

Reaction score
Just brewed a Summer Pils using extract on Friday and put it in my 6.5gal carboy (5.25gal of brew). Pitched a Bavarian Lager 2206 yeast per recipe instructions and aerated accordingly. Since then I have seen no movement in my airlock over 48 hrs and was wondering if i screwed something up? If I tap the airlock bubbles do pass through, so the process is working, but I am just worries that something is off. Any advice?

p.s. this is my first lager attempt

just wait i had the same issue with a helles took almost a week before any bubbles in the airlock. another way to tell is take a gravity reading. if the reading is going down there is fermation going on. what does it look like??? is there a crausen???

my first five gallon batch i didnt have any bubbles and i noticed the lid wasnt on all the way. check that too.

Krausen is gone, there was some in the beginning. And the airlock and plug are both in pretty tight. I have even pushed them down a few times to make sure since they slowly rise(meaning pressure below). I am also using cheap vodka in the airlock, which has worked for me every time before.

What temperature are you fermenting at and did you oxygenate prior to pitch? What was your starting gravity... one packet of yeast may have been a bit of an underpitch depending on gravity.

Back