Homebrew clubs in Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so i've noticed that there's a good number of brewers on HBT from the Twin Cities/central MN area, and i'm hoping at least a few of you can help me with my search.
i've been wanting to find a homebrew club to join, i love brewing and drinking great beer, and would love to find a group of like minded guys and gals to share in the hobby, so to speak. i think it would be a great way to get feedback on my beer, learn more about this awesomest of hobbies, and meet some great folks who love brewing and everything else about beer as much as me and my wife do. i've been searching online for local clubs and so far have come across next to nothing. i heard about the Rum River Wort Hogs (anoka chapter) via a flyer on the LHBS bulletin board (brew & grow in spring lake park), giving an email & Facebook. sent an email, but no response and the Facebook lists a bar where they haven't met in over a year. also the FB page had no posts newer than 2010.
so what i'm getting at is, do any of the MSP members of HBT know of a good local club for my wife and i to join? or is anyone in the area interested starting up a new club? either way works for me. any input or ideas would be awesome.
thanks a lot! :mug:

Saint paul home brew club, has monthly meetings at the happy gnome or the muddy pig every first Wednesday. I've never attended but have been meaning to go and check it out.

Www.Sphbc.org

I have heard of a northeast home brew club, but haven't been able to find any details on it.

awesome. thanks. the st paul club has a membership application on their site. do either of you know if their meetings are open to everyone, or do you have to apply for membership and wait for the card in the mail first?

check out the NORDEAST brewers alliance. We are 70 members strong, very active with group experimens, barrel aging, single hop, next is a yeast experiment. We meet the third Thursday of every month.

http://www.facebook.com/NordeastBrewersAlliance

cheers,
nick

Hey man, thanks for resurrecting my thread! I don't FB much, but I checked out the website. Where do you guys meet?

Minnesota Homebrewers has an upcoming meeting next week. Checkout the site: http:\\mnbrewers.com

It looks like the meet at the Pracna on Main st. in Minneapolis. Unless this has changed recently.

They've moved meetings, due to club size. They meet at Eastside Neighborhood Services now. I got a PM from the poster above, it sounds like they're totally one to check out. They meet this Thursday @ 7pm, I'm gonna go and check 'em out. Wanna go?

I've been thinking about checking them out as well, I live in St. Louis park and MNbrewers meets mostly in St. Paul it seems. Too much traffic for me. I also go to a HBC in Monticello which is far away, but I am friends with a number of the member (and also the secretary for the club) so I'm going to keep going there too. Maybe I'll see you at next month's Nordeast meeting!

Back