Has anyone tried Bells 8000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lackofstyl

Reaction score
The flying saucer in Charlotte said they got 1 of 2 kegs the Bells brewery sent to NC. Just wondering if anyone else has had a chance to try it. BTW , one of the best belgian wits I have ever tasted!

Nope, but it definitely peaked my interest when I saw it. However, I can definitely say that the interest declined when I saw the $13 price tag.

I have had it & i think that it is really good, but to me falls more under the saison catagory.

Jekster, if you can get away for a beer any time let me know i got a couple left.

Cheers

:mug: got some at bell's the week it was released very nice wit/saison brew, slightly spicy from the coriander/ seeds of paradise add a nice balance sent a couple out to pirate ale:mug:

I haven't sampled it yet---we got it at our shop the other day. My manager (the beer guru) sayeth, "fairly disappointed. Heavy, clumsy, thick." Not that I'll take his word for it, but his palate is usually pretty spot-on.

Local bar has it on tap, I thought it was pretty decent but nothing spectacular.

Bought one of these the other day and am saving it for a brew day treat. I'll let you know what I think!

Wop: I'd definitely be down to have a drink. My GF is headed out of town this weekend and I plan on just chilling and possibly brewing on Monday. Let me know if you want to grab a pint or hang out at someones place. Would be a good chill time and maybe we could toss in some grilling. ;) Plus, I've got Wheat beer that I need an opinion on. ;)

I've tried it....it's very good and I'm not even a big fan of the style.

Back