Ed's or Dude's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffman

Reaction score
I'm aiming to brew a pale in a few weeks and can't decide between Ed's Bee Cave Haus Pale and Dude's Lake Walk. Anybody brewed both and willing to provide feedback?

Try them both... I have made both with great sucsess.
I prefer Lake walk over BCHP due to its complexity.
But BCHP is a very simple PA that everyone can enjoy...
So try them and tell us what you think.

Heh. I had the same dilemma a few weeks back so I brewed 20 gallons of each. They were both excellent and the brews are long gone.

I think it all comes down to personal preference or what ingredients you have available.

I had some fun and excitement toasting my own grains for the first time while making the Lake Walk which was cool. The Haus Pale was the first and only time I've used Nottingham yeast--I fermented 10 gallons with Nottingham and 10 with US-05. I think my personal preference was the beer fermented with US-05, but I think some more experimentation is in order!

Heh. I had the same dilemma a few weeks back so I brewed 20 gallons of each. They were both excellent and the brews are long gone.

I think it all comes down to personal preference or what ingredients you have available.

I had some fun and excitement toasting my own grains for the first time while making the Lake Walk which was cool. The Haus Pale was the first and only time I've used Nottingham yeast--I fermented 10 gallons with Nottingham and 10 with US-05. I think my personal preference was the beer fermented with US-05, but I think some more experimentation is in order!

I have gotten lazy lately and used mostly just dry yeast (with the exception of a couple wheat beers). After several batches with S-05 and Notty each, I think I tend to prefer the S-05 too....then again, these have been mostly american styled APA's, IPA's and Ambers.....I did a wheat porter with Notty a few months ago and it was phenomenally good. The notty beat out S-04 on that beer and really brought out the coffee/chocolate tones much better.

The posts for Lake Walk indicate it's more of an IPA than a pale. I think I'll go with Ed's (IPA is my favorite style, but I have a bunch brewed up already; looking for less "I" and more "PA" for the next one). Thanks for the feedback.

Back