My new Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irish91001

Professional Amateur Homebrewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My new Keezer!!!

keezer.jpg

what freezer is that? maybe it's just the angle i'm seeing.....but it doesn't look like you can fit 7 corny's in there. Props to you though if you can!

NCGrayson said:
what freezer is that? maybe it's just the angle i'm seeing.....but it doesn't look like you can fit 7 corny's in there. Props to you though if you can!

It's a frigidaire 13 cu ft. I used 2x10 collar so I can fit that 7th oh the hump with my co2 and nitro gas cylinders. I messed around with some spray foam and it looks like I won't have a career in instillation.

image-2695404092.jpg

image-556608.jpg

By the way "instillation" = "insulation"...stupid smart phone auto correct :)

For more info on the collar, I used 2x10 to make the inner collar and then 1x12 as a decorative "paneling" to lock in the collar to the freezer. So the 1x12 is even with the top of the 2x10 and overlaps the freezer by almost 2 inches on three sides (I didn't do the back because no one will see it). However, I did use some spare 1x12 scraps, about 6 inches on the Left and the Right edges on the back to ensure the collar is locked in on all 4 sides.

Nice keezer! My brother just moved to Ogden/Layton with his family. Seems to like it there, although its very different from what they were used to in Austin, Tx!

Latest posts

Back