Wobbly Perlick Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoVa

Reaction score
I have three perlick faucets. Two have perfect motion when going forward and backward, but one moves everywhere and does not stay in place. It seems like the actual bolt that moves is loose and causing this, but has anyone had similar experiences or any answers?

Has it been taken apart? You might try taking it apart and making sure that the shaft is pressed down as far as it can be. If it was put back together somehow without that shaft pushed all the way down into place, it might be wobbly.

While you're at it, take apart one of the faucets that's working well and compare. Notice that there's also a little plastic piece that channels the shaft so that it moves only forward and back, not left and right. That might also be missing for some reason on the faucet, or perhaps isn't working for the reason mentioned above.

Good luck!

Is this a 525ss, the one piece perlick with no removable spout? If so , yeah I bought one and hate it. You have to tighten the nut closest the body to get some good restriction, without the pressure of the beer on the ball it wont stay shut. I dont know why they went with this design? Good luck.

Yes it is a 525s.Thanks for your help! Inside I see the plastic ring and two o-rings. I have tried pushing it into place while tightening, but it doesn't "stay". It seems to be fine for some period and then goes back to its wobbly state after a few pulls

Does beer leak out? I ordered 2 of the 525s, they'll be here Monday. Are the 425s better?

the 425's are the classic and yes they are better are far as I am concerned. They have an additional shank that slides in and out as opposed to just this lever with a ball on it .

I recently installed 2 of the 525SS models and both have a very slight wobble left and right. They work fine, but seeing this thread makes me a bit concerned that I may have a developing problem.

I do like the perlick better than the original faucets I used, so I hope this issue does not grow for me.

Salute! :mug:

I bought the creamer, which is the same except for the ability to push back on it to get a cream action. Its crap , I took it off and put my 425 back on . Here are the difference if you can tell in the pics below:
425ss
425ss.jpg

525ss and 575ss creamer
creamer.jpg

I have two 525ss and one is a little loose while the other is nice and tight. However they both still seal perfectly. I can handle a little bit of a wobble over a tap that is fused together so hard that I can barely open it. Plus the price was right.

I have four 525s and love them. There is a very slight wobble left and right, but I don't care. And if you take them apart and put a little bit of food grade lubricant on the ball (on the side that seals) there never a problem sealing. I haven't tried the 425s, but the slight wobble with the 525s doesn't bother me.

NoVa, just make sure that if you take it apart you push down on the removable shaft hard until it clicks. then screw the little nut on. If you don't, it will wobble badly.

I've got 3 575SS with the creamer action and no wobble here. The only issue I've had is because these are my first taps I've ever pulled beer from I still find myself either going too far back and activating the creamer or not going back far enough and still having beer drip.

Back