Help for Dripping Perlick Faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have Perlick 650SS flow control faucets, and today one was dripping. I searched the web for answers, and I found an HBT thread that said it might help to tighten part number7 on a Perlick diagram which is contained in a PDF on Perlick's site. Well, Perlick keeps moving the file.

The Wayback Machine has it, and now you do, too. It's attached. But you don't need it. The part is the knurled ring between the handle and the faucet. Not the knurled stem. The ring that keeps the handle in the faucet.

Attachments

• Tapping-no-prices.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Save this...

1675131165117.png

When tuning the faucet make sure that the handle jacket (1) is not contacting the bonnet (2), and use a fine touch when tightening the bonnet. The bonnet sets the height of the "perl" at the end of the faucet lever relative to the floating O-ring in the spout. Too tight and the ball will meet the O-ring on the low side, too loose and it will meet towards the high side. You can actually visualize the alignment by looking in the shank end - and to the point I recommend initially setting the faucet up before it's mounted on the shank.

Speaking of Way Back, I took this picture many years ago. I'd had my first keezer up and running for a few years. That collection of O-rings and other bits amounted to the $25 minimum order from Perlick direct at the time. I tried the creamer for all of one day and took it back out, and I've probably used a tenth of all those O-rings so far :)

1675131001354.jpeg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back