I Need A Kick Asz Juicer-Which One?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
Is Jack Lalane the brand to get? There are 5 models-is the base model below satisfactory?

Hamilton Beach or what?

I don't need fancy. It's not gonna stay out on the counter. I need a workhorse.

What to do?:confused:

What are you going to juice? There are difference styles which excel at different things. I bought an Omega 8006 earlier this year that could probably juice asphalt. You do have to cut some items to fit the chute though. Not a big deal to me but some people complain about it.

You do realize that it takes a heap of whatever to make a glass of juice? I could not believe how many oranges it takes to get a glass of juice the first time I used one.

I got a smokin' deal on a refurbished Breville BJE510XL and I couldn't be happier. I've never used it for brewing purposes though. Since it's a centrifugal-type, it tends to over aerate the juice causing a good amount of tasty foam. If that's something you want to avoid for brewing purposes, you should look at a masticating or triturating juicer since these types work at slower RPMs and wouldn't result in a foamy, aerated juice. A press would also work well if that's your goal I suppose.

Is Jack Lalane the brand to get?

That old drunk! He lived 6 blocks away from me back in the early 60's on my dad's USPS parcels route, he got a 502 app 15 years ago.
Philyllis Diller lived 3 blocks away, never forgot her laugh. Hell she's 92 never looked better. Ha ha ha yup it's her laugh again.

Check ebay or craigslist to save some money if your looking for one.
My friend purchased a Jack LaBoozer juicer from a garage sale new in
box and can say nothing bad about it. It get used a lot.

I got the Jack Lalane stainless model at Target, also sold at Amazon. I was skeptical because it's sold on TV but it has been a solid unit. I did not think I could get juice from a sweet potato, but I did. It's fairly easy to clean, I use a stiff brush to clean the perforated basket. The motor seems to be strong.

To be honest, it isn't intended for processing non-grain for beer.

After having the best Bloody Mary I've ever had at a pig roast/kegger in August, I knew I had to put up fresh tomato juice. The guy had the base model; not sure, but it was white. I will use it for other things, and know that Z will find out it makes the base for killer foo-foo drinks, which then go in the frozen daiquiri dispenser.

I found a decent price on a Hamilton Beach 67900, but on the way home realized that juicers are probably novelty purchases, and people probably sell these on CL all the time. So I think the HB is going back, and I've sent a few emails out inquiring as to current availability.

Back