How to cap Jolly Pumpkin bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eulipion2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have some 750 mL bottles from Jolly Pumpkin Brewing that I would like to use. They use standard caps, but my wing capper won't fit over the flare below the lip of the bottle. Would a stand capper work for these bottles? Anyone else try to use them?

Thanks!

I've never heard of Jolly Pumpkin, so I looked up what the bottles look like. A bench capper would work perfectly fine on bottles like that, since the lip looks like it's too wide for a wing capper to reach around.

Switch the plates around in your wing capper from the 26 side to the 29 side. You'll need to pop the metal plates out with a flat-headed screwdriver, and then they just pop back in.

I've capped JP bottles this way.

I about broke my red barron after capping the rest of half the bottle i didnt finish. It fitzed good the next day and tastes fresh still.thats what i like about bottle condition.

Switch the plates around in your wing capper from the 26 side to the 29 side. You'll need to pop the metal plates out with a flat-headed screwdriver, and then they just pop back in.

I've capped JP bottles this way.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I never knew you could do that!

Back