Smuttynose Big A IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pernox

Reaction score
Hello, venerable HBT forum warriors.

I'm wondering if anyone might have a recipe for a clone of Smuttynose Big A IPA. This is a fine, fantastic DIPA that I'd love to have on tap, but the website's brewer's notes are a little vague. I've had good experience communicating with the head brewer, but it's a long process - dude's pretty busy.

:mug:

-edit- The notes are outdated as well. Here's a relevant snippet regarding the beer made during the hop shortage. I'm drinking '09/'10 here.

2008 edition: Nugget, Cascade, Centennial, Crystal, Chinook, Sterling
2006 edition: Warrior, Cascade, Centennial, Crystal, Horizon, Amarillo, Ahtanum

I am raising this thread from the dead. This beer is freaking fantastic. I had it on Wednesday while out for my birthday at a bar in downtown Cincinnati. Unfortunately (wink) I left my sunglasses there and had to go back today after work to get them...and another glass of this DIPA. It is just perfect if you ask me. Anyone know anything?

I love this beer, every time i find it at the store, its pretty old, but still hoppy and nice. I emailed the brewers to try to get any hints but niether responded

Latest posts

Back