Christmastime In L.A.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
As much as I eventually want to get out of LA, I love this time of year.

It's 75º outside right now, clear sky, with only a slight breeze, and I just finished putting up the Christmas lights wearing a t-shirt, shorts and sandals.

For those of you up to your eyeballs in snow, I just thought I'd share that. :D

Definitely jealous. I'd love to live somewhere the temp hardly dipped below 60 or 70...and I could brew all year around without needing an indoor rig.

I like snow; last time I was anywhere near L.A. (Bellflower) I lost my voice after 24 hrs of breathing that crap you folks call air. I'll gladly put up with a great ski season if it means I can breathe; of course it's not so nice when your car is spinning on the ice... Guess there are pros & cons with every region. Regards, GF.

22 inches of snow dropping on saturday here, -17*F outside right now.. no biggie, I suppose.

I can look outside and not see 1.79 billion people.. how big is your yard? Where do you hunt (non-human hunting, we do deer drive-bys)? Where can I ride the ATV without traveling beyond my street? Do I have to lock all of my doors/windows there without getting anything stolen? Will I get harassed if I wear certain colors outside? ;)

...I like it up here in the northwoods.

...Cali is nice for a vacation though... and I am a big Arnie fan.

Anywhere with a minus temperature, or where your eyeballs can freeze you can have it. I guess you would need a larger house since you can be stuck in it for a 3rd of the year. Cali has great hunting and fishing, fresh and salt. I can get to the snow and skiing in under 2 hours and board a plane in less than an hour to be anywhere in the country within 5. I don't need a larger yard than I have, too much for my gardner to cut :) I'm glad we have a bad rep now but i'll wager you haven't met more than a handfull of people in your state that are from CA and moved there voluntarilly.

Would you guys stop telling people how great California is, please?

Kalifornia Sucks! Don't come here, you'll hate it!

Earthquakes make people fall into large gaping holes everyday, and they're never seen again. Mostly because the smog is so bad that you can't see anything anyway.

The Rose parade is a farce, it's taped in the summertime and broadcast in the Winter so you'll think it's warm and sunny here.

There's no water here but the ocean, so we have to recycle our piss for drinking water.

Gun control is so out of hand that we have to hunt with rubberband guns, but you cant hunt anyway because of the endangered fly or rat.

Even our governor can't speak English...

Anywhere with a minus temperature, or where your eyeballs can freeze you can have it. I guess you would need a larger house since you can be stuck in it for a 3rd of the year. Cali has great hunting and fishing, fresh and salt. I can get to the snow and skiing in under 2 hours and board a plane in less than an hour to be anywhere in the country within 5. I don't need a larger yard than I have, too much for my gardner to cut :) I'm glad we have a bad rep now but i'll wager you haven't met more than a handfull of people in your state that are from CA and moved there voluntarilly.

Yeah, you have to be a little more manly to live up here, so you're probably right.

Guys who can't grow facial hair or get bikini waxes won't make it in the cold. Your trucks over there wouldn't make it in the snow either.. lowered with 22" rims and low pro tires.. not good for snow.. neither are convertables..

Sorry you have to get someone to garden for you, wouldn't want to get your freshly peticured nails dirty. ;) We don't have a surplus "no habla" population to do our work for us either, so that is a downfall.. :D

Oh I'm from Orange. I'm a 9er fan (don't tell anyone till they have a winning season..) and my entire family is from the west coast.. all of which live in the midwest now..

:mug:

Back