Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just realized I never posted pics of my kegerator! It started life out as a 1940-41 Kelvinator refrigerator. I just posed it here
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/vintage-kegerator-282345/#post3502612
2wf7eba.jpg

64phnc.jpg

106acnk.jpg

1491poo.jpg

Thats really beautiful. Did you do the paint yourself?

Yes, I painted it myself. I had to completely strip it first since someone painted it before with a coarse brush and house paint. I used a 2 part paint with hardener I got at tractor supply, it is oil based tractor paint. It's sprayed on just like automotive paint. It came out pretty smooth after 2 coats so I didn't wet sand.

7 Beers on Tap (SS perlick faucets). I have it rigged with 7 CO2 dispensing manifolds @ 8psi, and 3 manifolds dispensing @ 15 psi for carbonating. The freezer fits 9 kegs, so I'll have 2 spares ready to go or carbonating.

The Artwork in the background is a series of futuristic 1920's panels I made for a spaceship set while I was in college (Film and Television student). Now it makes a great wall ornament. I kind of went with a retro theme, and all my beers have remade 1950's signs or adverts with a brief description.

On the side I have my hard drinks. I'm a huge Scotch fan, and a huge Aquavit fan. the Kegorator (hosing, faucets, kegs, C02 and all) set me back about $1,600. I would estimate the table with the hard drinks would be just over $1k new (about half of those bottles are $70+, all my scotch is single malt 12+ year). And of course, a 50lb Himalayan Salt lamp. :D

BarSetup900x600.jpg

I was able to finish up the first row on my coffin box, so I am now up to 14 faucets serving from the walk-in cooler, all stainless hardware except for the stout faucet (I can't seem to find an all-stainless stout faucet).

I still have a number of kegs that don't have a faucet, so I may be adding more as a second offset row, but I am probably going to leave it as 14 for a while now. I am pretty happy with just the 14 I have now. I've invested quite a bit into this project as is!

Hey guys, just a quick question for you Sanyo 4912 users. Are any of you using pin lock's in there? I know they're shorter and fatter, so I"m wondering if you can use them without really butchering the door guts. anybody using pin locks without too much modification to the door? Thanks for any help you guys can offer

Yeah, that's about, what, $600 in faucets and shanks alone ;)

Cheers!

Yeah, I've already got 4 from my current kegerator so that helps a little. Plus I decided to go with 11 instead of 13 to use the hump area for my fan, gas manifold, and laggering/conditioning. That and the collar height would have been more than I wanted it to be. to put the extra 2 on the hump. Hoping I wont regret that decision in the long run.

Heres mine... got the Beverage Air fridge for free from a gas station convenience store that was closing. Tinted the front glass, built a wood top for it with recessed drip tray, and have a Ranco controlling it. Plenty of room for two cornys and a 5lb tank.

kegerator1.jpg

kegerator2.jpg

I just finished a build using a GE 4.3 CU foot compact fridge. Right now it is just a single tap tower but plan on making it a double tap tower in the future. I posted some details of the build in a blog entry.

I call this the MOAK (Mother Of All Kegerators)

dsc000018293559.jpg

5 tap, 5x5gal sanke D kegs. It's an old Perlick dish chiller coupled with a external fridge thermostat.

Does anyone know have any information on the digital thermostats that pop up on alot of these keezers...usually see then mounted right into the wood rail...a link to where you can buy? Price? Any insight?

Thanks!

Does anyone know have any information on the digital thermostats that pop up on alot of these keezers...usually see then mounted right into the wood rail...a link to where you can buy? Price? Any insight?

Thanks!

I think you are talking about Love Controllers. Do a search on the board here and you will find a ton of information. They do practically the same thing as the temperature controllers that "jfrizzle" linked you too. Good luck!

That pepsi machine kegerator is awesome! I'd love to see what the inside looks like. Did you have to do a lot of modifications?

Chapa,

I'll try to get some pics of the inside in the next day or two. There weren't too many mods. I gutted the inside, insulated it as much as I could to the size of three ball locks, and drilled out the holes for the lines and taps.
I haven't figured out how best to label the taps yet. I could put a backlit black glassboard in place of the Pepsi part at the top, but it would kinda ruin the vending machine look. Any thoughts would be great.

Someone was kind enough to give me an early christmas present in the form of draft tower, co2 tank, dual regulator and drip tray so I could finally finish converting the Danby I got 2 years ago. Force carbing the first beer right now! This was a real simple conversion, especially compared to a lot of others posted on here!

IMG_3649.jpg

IMG_3638.jpg

Another Sanyo conversion all thanks to Homebrewtalk forums. Not the best picture... I'll post up a better one soon that shows the whole thing (fermentation unit is next to it) I'll be converting it to a dual tap tower soon... waiting on my perlicks.

IMG_0305.jpg

ISUBrew79 said:
What make and model of fridge is your fermentation chamber? Is it a wine fridge?

It's a Magic Chef Wine Fridge. We had it at work and they wanted to get rid of it. Took out the shelves, and put a temperature controller on it.

Sorry I don't know the exact model. I'll check when I get home.

Only thing I'm worried about is when sunlight comes in... It gets hit a bit. It's tinted but I don't trust a carboy in it yet.

went from this
2650-a.jpg

to this

5789-imag0031.jpg

5790-imag0032.jpg

5791-imag0033.jpg

5792-imag0034.jpg

5794-imag0036.jpg

i need to get my granite cut so i can trim it out to match the lid.

reason for the lift kit is two fold. I didn't have much room above the kegs and my 3/16" barrier tubing kept getting pinched when I closed the lid. also I couldn't have 4 kegs plus a 20# CO2 Tank in there at once. so I'll mount my 4 secondary regulator to the wooden collar in back and just run each line into the kezer.

-=Jason=-

Ghetto-rator. I have young teenagers floating around so I can't quite have taps open to the general public.

Kegs.jpg

Petho said:
Ghetto-rator. I have young teenagers floating around so I can't quite have taps open to the general public.

What size fridge? This is probably what I'll do in my apt.

Latest posts

Back