Some things are more important!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrubDog

Reaction score
My wife is my high school sweetheart (from 1974). She is fighting the fight of her life (breast cancer) and is now going thru chemo. Because of the type of her cancer the chemo is kicking her butt! I have four kegs on tap, and they will stay there for the next five months until she is past this phase and back on her feet. Keep her in your prayers! (Charlene)

My brother's girlfriend just beat BC and I pray the same for you and your wife. It's a tough fight.

On a side note: I recently lopped off all my hair and if it can be of any help at all let me know. The shop that chopped it off doesn't do Locks-of-love so I kept it to donate when I can.

GL and prayers to you!

I hope she comes out of it ok. My wife has familial health problems too. Besides finding she's a type one diabetic,which is complicated by lupus. I guess some poor women just can't catch a break. It's hard for me as well,since we've known each other since the first day of 1st grade. I hope & pray she'll be there for you a long time to come.

I'm so sorry to hear of her (and your) struggles. I'll keep Charlene in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated on her health when you get a chance.

PM me your address, and I'll send her some homemade soap that is supposed to be extremely gentle for chemo patients.

Prayers for Charlene here. She can make it through it! My dad has been fighting cancer for over three years now - it's a hard fight, but it is worth it!

Thanks for all the support and encouragement! We've got 5 months of chemo ahead of us, a month off and then 5 weeks of radiation. It sucks, but we are totally blown away (in a good way!) with our team of doctors and everything they are bringing to table for us. The outlook is bright and by this time next year it will simply be a thing of the past.

man, that's harsh. I can't even imagine. You two are lucky to have each other. I look forward to hearing about your princess bride ending in a few months.

I will definitely be praying for her. My best friend's mom had breast cancer about ten years ago. She beat it and is still kicking with, as far as I know, no remission. I don't want to speak for anyone else, but if there's anything I might be able to do to help, please let me know.

My mother and grandmother are both survivors, and your wife will be too. My good thoughts are with you both.

I have an aunt who survived BC and my wife's good childhood friend has won her fight recently as well. Mother-in-law has lymphoma, though, and I understand your point. Stay strong, sir. The beer will be there for you both when she gets healthy again!

Here is hoping for the best...

I can be beaten.. My wife went through that same thing and has come out the other side. It has been over 6 years now.

Hoping you wife can do he same.

Keep us posted so we can send good mojo your way.

Nothing can't be beaten if you have the will and determination to get through. Prayers and best of wishes.

Best wishes to Charlene and your family. It can be beaten. I've known several women personally who had to endure the same thing. If you have a local BC organization. Get some support. My wife just had a fundraiser at her salon for our local org. They are some great people with some great resources. Nothing against Komen society but local is much better.

Good luck and best wishes! My GF was there a year ago with chemo, she is in remission now and growing hair back. Doctors have gotten crazy precise with treatments, so they will do all they can to make it as smooth as possible.

Thoughts and prayers for you and her. My stepmom had BC many years ago. She had cancer again a few years back and it was pretty bad. Spread through a bunch of different parts of her body. She found a hospital willing to help her fight and with prayer, change in diet, taking a supplement, and not giving up, she is now cancer free. This after being given only a few weeks to live.

She wrote a book about her experience. I highly recommend it for anyone going through the difficult process. She has received many emails and letters from people who have read it and found strength and hope to fight. If I had not been close to her I would have doubts about her story, but it's all true.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0615311296/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back