Help finding cheap source for 6/4 SO cord

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickles

Reaction score
I'm trying to find about 10' of 6 awg 4 conductor SO (SOOW, etc) cord to power my brew rig. Anyone know of a cheap source, say less than $4.00/foot?

how much do you need. I think I paid less than $2 a foot at my local ELE store. If you paid for it and shipping, i will go to the store and ship it to you

I got 10/3 and 10/4 on teh cheap at Menards - By the construction power cords, not in electrical. It was about $1.00/ft for 10 10 gauge...

Not sure if they have 8 though...

how much do you need. I think I paid less than $2 a foot at my local ELE store. If you paid for it and shipping, i will go to the store and ship it to you

That was AFTER shipping, so it worked out to be $1.86 per foot. I'll be able to wheel the rig out in the driveway if I want to so it worked out great.

I got 10/3 and 10/4 on teh cheap at Menards - By the construction power cords, not in electrical. It was about $1.00/ft for 10 10 gauge...

Not sure if they have 8 though...

I needed 6 awg, lots of places I've found locally carry up to 8 awg but I couldn't find what needed for less than $4 a foot.

I found this late last night and bought it RV Power Cord. It's 6/3 & 8/1, 36' with plug attached. It cost $67.00 after shipping.

I posted up on that a couple weeks ago I think and decided to pull the trigger. I got his 45ft 50amp version for $64 shipped. I just got it in the mail last night. BEEFY! Seems pretty flexable like the seller said, considering its size. I was pleased with it, or as pleased as you can be with an extension cord.

I plan to cut a piece off, wire the long to my spa panel/GFCI and then make the cut off the pig tail from my CP, or something like that...

Latest posts

Back