Capacitor wiring question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuBrew

Reaction score
I'm getting things put together for my FermTroller controlled fermentation chamber and I have a question about the wiring of the capacitor pictured below with the wiring diagram. The left side has 4 prongs and according to the wiring diagram only 3 are wired to it. Is there a specific orientation for connecting the wires? My thought is the right center prong across from the 2 prong connector beside it would be empty, the black wire from the run side of the compressor goes on the bottom prong, the WH (BL) (N) coming from the RY-COMP (compressor relay) goes on the left prong, and the BR wire from the CN-AC1 goes on the top prong.

Can anyone "confirm"? I know that's a dirty word on electric questions, but I assume all responsibility and liability for any mishaps stemming from this question:D

Thanks!!

Columbus-20110914-00237.jpg

Columbus-20110914-00239.jpg

It doesn't matter which prongs you use for the left terminal (4 prong terminal). There are only two terminals on a capacitor (4 prong and 2 prong). All four prongs are on the same circuit.

I was just looking at the 4 prong terminal and there is no "barrier" between any of the prongs (all conductive) so it seems all four prongs would "feel" the same thing. In that case, it won't matter.

Cheers.

Yep, it worked as described! Now to figure out the control panel wiring so I can use it without the panel, that's a whole other ball game but at least I figured out how to bypass the bucket full sensor.

FYI it's the guts from a dehumidified that the fan shot craps on so I'm using it for the ferm chamber, should be cool once I get all the variables figured out.

Thanks again!!

Back