CFL - Any Canadians Out There

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew-medic

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey There,

Just wondering if there is any canadians out there as I have started an online fantasy football leauge. Even better if there is Americans who watch the CFL and want to join PM me... Its free.

Prizes for the top 3 teams

I'm not Canadian and I do not watch...but an old college buddy of mine was the QB for the champs last year. Travis Lulay, he played at Montana State

I'm a casual fan. Go eskimoes! . I live right up the road from commonwealth stadium and just down the street from rexall place

I'll admit I'm not the most die-hard CFL fan around, but I was at the Grey Cup last year and got to see Lulay lead our hometown Lions to victory. He was named Most Outstanding Player too and from interviews he seems like a really good guy. Hope to see him in Black and Orange for a long time to come.

He Definatly has a great arm, Im not a Lions fan, but I can appreciate good talent when I see it, When he got put in, I believe he was 2nd line at the time, and was throwing 60 yrds plus, It was a game changer for BC

I'll admit I'm not the most die-hard CFL fan around, but I was at the Grey Cup last year and got to see Lulay lead our hometown Lions to victory. He was named Most Outstanding Player too and from interviews he seems like a really good guy. Hope to see him in Black and Orange for a long time to come.

He Definatly has a great arm, Im not a Lions fan, but I can appreciate good talent when I see it, When he got put in, I believe he was 2nd line at the time, and was throwing 60 yrds plus, It was a game changer for BC

You guys should have seen him dominate the Big Sky conference. What a player! His little brother played for Montana State also; on defense. He was a beast too.... Travis is a good guy; had many a beer with him at Spectators on campus. He's from Oregon

My fiance is from Vancouver, after the disappointing end to the Canucks season, she can't wait for the CFL to start. As a die-hard Nebraska Cornhusker, I love getting in football arguments with her.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had more teams in your fantasy league than there are in the actual CFL...

I wouldn't be surprised if you had more teams in your fantasy league than there are in the actual CFL...

I saw Martin Short (good Canadian kid) on Letterman once in the mid 90's, back when Ottawa was still in the league, and he put it best:

"We have 8 football teams, and 2 of them are named Rough Riders."

Brew Medic: Another CFL fan here!!! Are you running the fantasy league again next season?

Being from Winnipeg, every CFL related conversation I've had lately includes the words "next season"...but this is in a different context.

Incidentally, I'm dreaming up a brew project...8 1 gallon, small batch brews...one for each team, featuring either ingredients from each team's area, or corresponding to the team colours, or somehow linked. A hoppy (green) wheat beer (white) for Sask, an orange-hued saison for the Lions, maybe a maroon-coloured unibroue clone for the Als...etc...

Not quite sure how to do Blue and Gold, but apparently neither does Bomber management - maybe I should just brew something incredibly high-gravity, to help forget 2012.

The Lions are the most exciting team to watch in the CFL right now, imho.

Cheers!

Did you guys see the big injury today? QBs foot was backwards. It looks so bad that I'd be surprised if he even keeps his foot

HoppyDaze said:
Did you guys see the big injury today? QBs foot was backwards. It looks so bad that I'd be surprised if he even keeps his foot

Saw that on deadspin today. It was grotesque, but apparently is a dislocated ankle and not as bad as it looks. It is a horrifying injury.

Back