To Pitch or Not ToPitch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbrout

Reaction score
Well it's about brew time again and it will be my 3rd AG :) I just tasted my first kegged AG batch of Bees Cave Pale and it is by far the best beer I have made. Anywho, I have a stout sitting in primary (used White Labs Irish Ale Yeast), it's been there for about 2 and a half weeks and I'm about to move it to secondary on top of some vanilla. Thus, I have 3 options:

1)Rack my 60 DFH clone on top of it

2)Rack my Rogue Brown Nectar clone on top of it

3) Do neither b/c it was a stout, and PS: your dumb.

If 3 is your favorite pick I have some 05 and notty around. What would you use for each batch? I was thinking notty for the IPA and 05 for the brown.

lol. thanks for the help peeps. :mug:

Id say neither, just because it isnt really the right yeast for either style.

This is the correct answer.

If you aren't worried about exact clones, I would throw the US-05 into the DFH 60min clone, and throw the Nott. into the brown ale.

I was thinking exactly the opposite. I was thinking the notty for the DFH clone since it will already have fruity notes from the hops and the US 05 for the brown just because it's the other thing i have.

*confused*

Meh?:confused:

What to do....what to do...

Hahah, you shouldn't be confused at all. I posted what I would do with my beer, for my tastes! You seem to have a pretty good idea of what sounds good for your beer and your tastes! There is no contest.

(Hint: Do what I said)

(Ok just kidding do what you said)

Latest posts

Back