I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a bee in my beer!!!

bee1.jpg

bee2.jpg

I wonder what it feels like to a dog when they get stung. My dog seems to ignore the thorn pricks he gets - some very deep and bloody - when we go tromping through the woods.

IDK, but a friend of mine has a airdale that eats bees. He just snatches them out of the air, then shakes his head a growls, I assume when he gets stung. It doesn't really seem to bother him too much, I watched him to it about 15 times one weekend.

We have those here too. We call them trash can bees because they swarm the trash cans in the heat of summer, but they're actually wasps. You don't want to leave anything sweet unattended, like a can of pop, in the summer. I've seen a few people get stung in the mouth that way. And since they're wasps, they can sting more than once.

%$%%*^%*@*@!%#$&%^#(*^&(*%^#R*&@ Damn it , I dropped the glass car boy. Trying to carry it inside and I just couldn't hold it up anymore. I already pitched the yeast and at least a gallon spilled out. #^@$%@&^#%&^ I have extra yeast. The glass did not break. @#^$#&$%&%&%& !!!!!! The yeast was right on top and I bet it spilled out. @#^%$@*$%*^%*^%#*!!!!!! I need to go eat something. %$^&!!!!!

It's okay, just a little spill as I was setting it down, or trying to. Just slipped out of my hands. It's okay, all is fine. I better go have a sandwich.

Poor little thing. You just got all the luck lately don't ya? Calm down and get some food in you. The wort will wait. Dry yeast I assume? Just pitch another pack and it'll all work out.

Has anyone done a Mr beer brew and if so how much wort can be safely put in it. That is what I am doing today and quite honestly I have never done a extract beer or a mr beer kit

Has anyone done a Mr beer brew and if so how much wort can be safely put in it. That is what I am doing today and quite honestly I have never done a extract beer or a mr beer kit

Up to the 8.5 quart line is what they say. Though I have seen them blow their top if you put in a high ABV beer that's really active. The screw on cap literally blew off trying to separate a 5 gallon batch into 2 of them.

Up to the 8.5 quart line is what they say. Though I have seen them blow their top if you put in a high ABV beer that's really active. The screw on cap literally blew off trying to separate a 5 gallon batch into 2 of them.

Well that should work then if I cut a 5 gallon batch in half.

Really wish he had just bought a large kit to begin with and borrowed my mash tun.

3 batches down huh. I got to slow down my brewing I think. I got no more empty boxes to put the beer in anymore

Consider it aerated. Kick back, call it done and have a brew.

Yeah, not even worried about adding more yeast right now. Had a tuna sandwich and a piece of homemade cheesecake a friend brought me. Chillin'. So who's going to get the music started tonight? Still pissed about dropping the damn thing, but at least it didn't break. Was carrying it, then boom, slipped away from me. My best friend called and said I told you so, she said "you are weak because you aren't eating enough". Whatever, drinking a homebrew now, that'll keep some weight on me. "You are too skinny, BobbiLynn", I'm tired of hearing that.

One word: bacon

Or 3 words: Bacon and biscuits.

Can't let my strength fail me now. Hey, where is that music? Maybe I'll have to find something to play.

A Mr. Beer found me at the thrift store.
Unused, 3 dollars and 50 cents.
I have one already, and have graduated to using 6 gallon buckets.
But I could not resist.

What can I use it for?
Secondaries?
Bottling?
Soda pop?

The price is what got me.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hn-enjcgV1o?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess I don't know how to embed either!

Let's see...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xq9aAovN6Eg?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nope.
I tried "Copy Embed...." still did not work.

But I could not resist.

What can I use it for?
Secondaries?
Bottling?
Soda pop?

I have thought it would be nice for experimenting. And some day I will get one:p

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hn-enjcgV1o?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess I don't know how to embed either!

Let's see...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xq9aAovN6Eg?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nope.
I tried "Copy Embed...." still did not work.
copy as a hyperlink, not an image.

I have thought it would be nice for experimenting. And some day I will get one:p

Wife got the original for me a few years ago.
After I ditched the Mr. Beer recipes I was making some very good stuff using Cooper's.
She kind of made a mistake and bought a full beer kit and gave it to me for Christmas.
I looked at it and said "You know this makes 50 bottles, and I really can't split it without throwing away half..."
So I graduated!
:ban:

So now I have two Mr. Beers.

:fro:

To imbed a video at least for youtube copy the address for the video and then find the little icon that looks like a world. Click on it and a box will show up where you can paste the address of the video in it and then I think it is called save or something. Then post the post.

Sounds hard but is pretty easy. Now photos while drunk....Look at what I did last night and you will see one should not post photos drunk :tank:

Wife got the original for me a few years ago.
After I ditched the Mr. Beer recipes I was making some very good stuff using Cooper's.
She kind of made a mistake and bought a full beer kit and gave it to me for Christmas.
I looked at it and said "You know this makes 50 bottles, and I really can't split it without throwing away half..."
So I graduated!
:ban:

So now I have two Mr. Beers.

:fro:

So is your user name is that from Rush

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hn-enjcgV1o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hn-enjcgV1o?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote one of the posts that has the video embedded. You'll see the correct syntax. It's a hyperlink, not an image. Use the world icon.

Cygnus_X1 said:
But I could not resist.

What can I use it for?
Secondaries?
Bottling?
Soda pop?

Recipe kit with it? That would be good for making starters if you weren't going to make the beer.
Dang Bobbi I can't believe the carboy lived.
I've been helping a friend move all day, since 8 am. They know I love them. I hate moving.

Oh man I hate moving as well. And I am thinking about moving:mad:

Only reason I think of moving is to capture more workspace.
But nature abhors a vacuum.
I have a friend that thought the same as I and several years ago bought property that had empty sheds and two large barns.

They are now full of "future projects".
:mad:

That answers my longing...I just need to clear out what I have, not fill up more space!

opus345 said:
Shouldn't this have involved beer and pizza?

It did, those very things. The problem was that I had moved about 2 tons of heavy furniture by the time the pizza arrived, then after a few beers there was still a crapload of stuff to move but I was feeling wasted. So the last 4 hours or so were brutal. I've been laying here on the couch drinking beer and making the wife bring me things for the last couple hours. Note to self - don't drink until after the move is done next time.

Recipe kit with it? That would be good for making starters if you weren't going to make the beer.

Uh, NO.
Even though the Mr. Beer was new in the box, the beer kit was dated for 2010.
Trash when it started. and certainly didn't improve with age.

I saved the one-step and threw away the can and the sugar.

Wassup!!! Glad someone figured out how to get the music going. I'm not going to help anyone move so don't even ask. Now the water broke. Turned off the breaker to it. I told hubby you must get better and hurry your ass home. He said he will. :) I think he is motivated now, might be just what he needed. My best friend went by the hospital and told him about my predicaments. He needs to come home and take care of me. And hurry!!! Morphine patches. I'll take him with the morphine patches. He is stabilized now, and organs working without help. I just want him here, no matter what shape he is in. Need him.

Back