Choose one Beer for the rest of your life!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianTheBrewer

Reaction score
If today you had to choose only one beer that you could drink for the rest of your life what would that beer be?

Does not matter if it is a home brew or a commercial.

(Someone at work asked me this last night and I still cant answer...yet)

I would proabably have to go with my altbier. Light and refreshing enough to drink during the summer, but with enough roasty flavor and alcohol to drink during the winter.

I honestly don't think I could do it. I mean if I really had to I'd go with something strong and hoppy like Arrogant Bastard, but then I'd be craving malty beers all of the time.

Never ever plan on making that decision.....

there's too many great beers out there, including some of my own to ever have to choose...there's also a million beers I haven't tried yet...so If I find it I'll letya know...

Hmm, really tough. I'd say possibly my DunkelWeizen or my Special Bitter...but I might go with my Wit. :D

Wow... at this point in my life i really cant answer that. I'd need to try one of EVERY kind of beer before i could make that decision.

I guess I best get drinking!

I could have answered that last week, then Sierra Nevada just put out a Saison. I need to drink a few more gallons to be sure, but it is an amazing beer! Only in keg release right now, but I hope they bottle it for distribution.

Impossible to really answer, because I love so many beers. If I had to choose, though, I'd choose an "everyday" beer like my own APA or SNPA. I could probably drink that forever, but I'd still yearn for an IPA or a maibock, etc.

If i had to choose I guess I would pick my American Amber Ale ' The Hoppit ' It has plenty of citris hop flavor and enough malt to balance it out just right.

Natural Light.........sorry, but if I had to pick just one I would want something not too strong in any way. I don't mind the flavor too much, it's quenches my thirst, has fewer calories, I can drink a lot without getting smashed and it's cheap. It's actually the beer I drink the most of. I think the ability to drink them over a course of several hours, like a game or something, without getting trashed is the biggest reason. If I had to go with taste only it might be another beer. I compare it to having to pick one kind of pizza. I like them all but if I had to pick one for life it would be plain old round pizza. Yeah I homebrew, but mainly for kicks.

curieux.gif

Gale's HSB (Horndean Special Bitter) I hear that gales have now been bought by Fuller's, but they are still doing a good job of preserving the original.

My SMaSH Ale - Vienna + Northern Brewer

For commercial i think i'd have to go with something dark and malty. probably negro modelo or some other vienna lager style.

and a weizen, probably my own dunkelweizen...wheat beers count seperate, right? :p

Really wouldn't matter, as I'd stop drinking it in 2-3 months. I have trouble getting through an 5-gallon batch without wanting something else.

I drive bartenders crazy. They try to do their job and remember what I drank last time, but then I order a completely different beer. I never drink two pints of the same beer at a brewpub. My favorite at GVB is the Ten Tap Sampler.

Spaten Optimator or Black BOSS Porter either would be ok w/ me although I am becoming a big fan of that DAMN Dead Guy Ale. Maybe my Beach Blonde Ale.... CR&P I don' know, I DON'T KNOW there are so many WHY, WHY, WHY must I choose WHY!!!
***JJ runs off screaming holding his head and screaming****

Really wouldn't matter, as I'd stop drinking it in 2-3 months. I have trouble getting through an 5-gallon batch without wanting something else.

Yeah, I'm kind of like that as well. In the past two years, there are a few beers that I have brewed more than once (3 times is the most I think). Everything else has been once or twice. Like a Pils a year, Stout a year, Porter a year....on and on. I always like new experiences, especially with beer :D

Well I thought about it all day and would have to say either Loon Golden Ale from the Woodstock Inn NH or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

What a nightmare!

If I had to choose right now, I'd say Ballast Point's Calico Amber. Although I'm closing in on a couple different recipes that I'll end up choosing between instead. I think. I hope.

Back