Starsan at bottling time question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vogtenstein222

Reaction score
I'm about to bottle my first batch. I've had my bottles soaking in starsan and am moving them to the drying tree just prior to filling. The starsan is leaving tons of bubbles in the bottles...they aren't really going away. Do they make a difference? If so how the heck do I make em go away? If not, just say "rookie" and I'll go on with the process

I'm about to bottle my first batch. I've had my bottles soaking in starsan and am moving them to the drying tree just prior to filling. The starsan is leaving tons of bubbles in the bottles...they aren't really going away. Do they make a difference? If so how the heck do I make em go away? If not, just say "rookie" and I'll go on with the process

rookie ;)

don't fear the foam, rack right on top of it

Why thank you. Just trying to avoid ANY issues. If it seems sketchy....yknow!?
All that aside....time to bottle!!!!

Starsan is said by the manufacturer to break down into yeast nutrient. Don'y know how long that takes,but it def won't make any off flavors or hurt the beer.

As you fill your bottles, the Star San foam will start overflowing before the beer does, which is a great indication that it's time to withdraw the bottling wand. Star san is so good, in so many ways!

Back