AHS shipping now $6.99?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerrific

Reaction score
Looks like they have increased their flat rate shipping price. It still says $5.99 on the front page but when you look in your cart it says $6.99. I guess the increased UPS prices have caught up to them.

Beerrific said:
Looks like they have increased their flat rate shipping price. It still says $5.99 on the front page but when you look in your cart it says $6.99. I guess the increased UPS prices have caught up to them.
and Northern Brewer's competitive little promotional $5.99 flat rate shipping (which was scheduled to end yesterday) has been extended for the rest of the year, but they also quietly raised the cost to $7.99.

Just another dollar in their column when I do my price comps, I guess. Listermann.com still offers free shipping on orders over $35 to east of the Mississippi. That's the first place I look. But their selection is odd, and sometimes they don't have standard items, so I turn elsewhere.

Evan! said:
Just another dollar in their column when I do my price comps, I guess. Listermann.com still offers free shipping on orders over $35 to east of the Mississippi. That's the first place I look. But their selection is odd, and sometimes they don't have standard items, so I turn elsewhere.

Jeesus, that listermann site is fricking expensive. A 50# bag of base malt costs more than my LHBS charges me for it buying by the pound. Although the free shipping helps, I wonder how much they'll still ship for free?

If I bought 5 bags of malt, I might break even on buying it somewhere else + shipping, but I doubt they'd ship 5 bags of 50# malt for nothin...

jezter6 said:
Jeesus, that listermann site is fricking expensive. A 50# bag of base malt costs more than my LHBS charges me for it buying by the pound. Although the free shipping helps, I wonder how much they'll still ship for free?

If I bought 5 bags of malt, I might break even on buying it somewhere else + shipping, but I doubt they'd ship 5 bags of 50# malt for nothin...

Yeah, some of the stuff is expensive...but they have bulk LME for $2.10/lb, which I usually partake of (though, less and less these days, which I guess is why it's been awhile since I ordered from them).

Yes, the free shipping always helps, but as I said, I do comps every time that figure in shipping costs. Sometimes listermann is on top because of the free shipping, sometimes their high prices cancel it out and I go with someone else. Like for bulk grain I usually go with Midwest.

Back