carbing water in my corny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokerlund

Reaction score
I just want to keep carbed water for my wife to mix in some Crystal light. I brew beer and have a set up for carbing and dispensing from my 5 gallon corny. I thought I would just leave 5 gallons of cold water at 30 psi and then pour it out of my picnic tapper into a mug and mix as desired. Tell me why I am wrong. . . And do it like I am 5. Should this work? I just want to avoid buying a case of diet coke once a week.

Many on here have soda water on tap to mix with. Not sure what psi is recommended, but your not sounding crazy or anything. :mug:

Sweet!

I left it at 30psi overnight and it isn't even close.

The stuff came out like a rocket. . . I guess this might be where the larger diameter hose comes in?

Any simple (cheap) tips would be appreciated!

I have mine on 30psi and it takes 4-5 days to fully carb. I have 10 ft of line connected to a perlick tap. It does degas some, but not enough for me to worry about getting more hose. It still has bubbles at the bottom of a 32oz glass

I have a dedicated tap and two rotating kegs for seltzer.
30 psi for 4-5 days is good for carbonating. Then I move it to 8-10 psi and serve. It doesn't lose noticeable carbonation at the lower pressure.

I also did an experiment where I cut a length of beer line just long enough to reach the refrigerator door (3ft, appx). Bubbly water still pours out.

Water is really different than beer inasmuch as foam and head aren't factors. My minimalist system works great.

I have a dedicated tap and two rotating kegs for seltzer.
30 psi for 4-5 days is good for carbonating. Then I move it to 8-10 psi and serve. It doesn't lose noticeable carbonation at the lower pressure.

I also did an experiment where I cut a length of beer line just long enough to reach the refrigerator door (3ft, appx). Bubbly water still pours out.

Water is really different than beer inasmuch as foam and head aren't factors. My minimalist system works great.

This is exactly what I wanted to do. Thanks!

Back