What to do around the San Diego area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limited Visibility

Reaction score
I have a hotel booked for my spring break in San Diego. Anyone from around there with some ideas on what to do while I am out here?

My first thing I was going to do was hit up the Stone Brewery... and after that I am out of ideas.:drunk:

The Gaslamp District downtown is always good. Many, many, many bars and restaurants.

Spring break? Don't forget about Ensenada, Rosorito, or (ee-gad) TJ...

There's some famous hotel down there that I went to. It was absolutly breat taking but I can't rememebr the name of it for the life of me. I also know that there are a ton of breweries in the San Deigo area, so visit thoem. Also, the San Diego Aquarium has beautiful exibits and be sure to stop at the beach and smoke a doobie and watch the sufers and waves roll in.

There's some famous hotel down there that I went to. It was absolutly breat taking but I can't rememebr the name of it for the life of me. I also know that there are a ton of breweries in the San Deigo area, so visit thoem. Also, the San Diego Aquarium has beautiful exibits and be sure to stop at the beach and smoke a doobie and watch the sufers and waves roll in.

Are you thinking of the Hotel Del? I had my Prom there. Cool place, lots of history.

Ok cool thanks for the ideas, I mainly want to try out some of the breweries around there.

Also I nice doobie by the beach could be possible.... if I did illegal things :D

there is tons to do! the beach is always great. my favorite beach is Mission beach but you may want to go to PB for more bars or blacks beach if you want less clothing. also you must go to Big kahuna burger! best burger I've ever had! the zoo is awesome and is right in balboa park so there are tons of fun museums to check out there also. since you are going way up to the stone brewery you should also check out pizza port. if you want to I'd suggest also taking a tour of the USS Midway. it's real close to down town and is an amazing ship with lots of history. and there are no shortage of really fun bars to go to. one of my favorites is Hamilton's in south park. they have an amazing draft selection that changes all the time. they dont even have BMC on draft there! anyway, you get the idea. have fun on spring break!

Balboa park is pretty neat. Cool architecture and good food. Hard rock hotel is fun too.

the zoo is amazing, so is the aquarium.

I had AMAZING sushi downtown. There's lots of great mexican around too.
I've already mentioned the aquarium before, but i think it's a good stressing point for the trip. Don't expect to be blown away by huge exibits, but what they lack in size they make up in precission, good concense and to the point descriptions, and ...brain...getting fuzzy...uh....uhhh...oh ya, closeness to the creatures of the deep, isolated for your examining pleasure.

Many aquariums you go to you'll sit there and go, is that the sea horse, wait, no that's a rock...where;'s the sea horse? Here you go, that's the sea horse and way, look at it!

If you want good beer and pizza, there is the hippie bar and pizza shop in "ocean beach" It's 1/2 block from the beach and the pizza is top shelf. "Newport Pizza and Ale House". It's located on newport avenue

Also on Newport ave there is an awesome burger joint called Hodads.

Breweries:
#1 Stone
Alesmith
Ballast Point (tasting bar in LHBS)
Coronado Brewing Co. (fresh IPAs are great here)
Mission Brewing Co.
Green Flash (in north county)
Karl Strauss

We have a Yard House if you want a large selection of slightly overpriced beer

Cabrillo National Monument has great views over looking the whole city

Gaslamp, just cruise up and down 5th ave downtown an it's all bars and restaurants.

Latest posts

Back