What band do you listen to on brewing day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroosBrewz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a favorite band that I listen to whenever I brew.. I don't listen to them much outside of brewing day but for some reason, I feel like they put me in the right frame of mind when it's time to make beer.... For me, it's a band called Manowar..

So what do you like to listen to on brewing day and why?:ban:

I wouldn't say anything in particular is intended but somehow Thorogood always ends up on the list. :p Otherwise anything which results in much :rockin: is fair game.

Normally I play a long movie (i.e. Godfather, Pirates of the Caribbean, StarWars, or the lesser trilogy Lord of the Rings). But music would be assorted songs from Dropkick, Sublime, Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennet, Dr. Dre, hmmm the list goes on...

Jack Johnson, DMB, The Eagles, and such.

Sometimes I'll get on an old school Beastie Boys kick and I havent a clue as to why

wide spread panic, the dazed and confused sound track, stevie ray vaughn and double trouble, hay seed dixie, and cake. Because they are in the CD holder by the stereo in my shop. No MP3 capacity. And those are the discs without scratches. The Dead CD is scratched up. Same with the Dave cd.

But then my music is usually an odd mix of... everything. Some brewdays are straight classical or jazz. Some are metal.

How about Laura Izibor?

Jack Johnson, DMB, The Eagles, and such.

Sometimes I'll get on an old school Beastie Boys kick and I havent a clue as to why

Jack Johnson... dude's awesome! Pro Surfer turned musician! I have my daughters hooked on him! SWMBO prefers some Jason Mraz over him; but Jack Johnson is some good kick back and brew tunes there!! And never can go wrong with Beastie Boys. As long as its not when your pitching the yeast and the song is Sabotage...:D

:mug::tank: = :drunk:

It's usually Clutch, Then some old school Ralph Stanley for a good bit, and during cleanup I usually listen to something like Meshuggah or something else in that genre that catches the mood.

I've been doing a lot of Pearl Jam, Everclear and Alice in Chains on brew day...What can I say...I'm a child of the nineties. Of course, I also like to throw on some Blind Pilot to help make me feel mellow and focused. Oh, and Irish folk if I'm brewing up a stout! Based on the replies, it looks like a lot of variety out there...pretty cool!

I plug in the iphone to the system and set it on shuffle... so I listen to everything.

I typically do the same. Sometimes though, I'll just set up a playlist of Social Distortion, Ramones and the Clash.

actually - today I am doing a 10 gal batch so it demanded a little Third Eye Blind and then some old school Megedeth...

depends. if there's a football/hockey game on, i'll watch football/hockey while brewing. otherwise i'll listen to country music, preferably something from the 1970's-1980's era. :mug:

We've had this thread before, and I can't resist.

Grateful Dead (brewing is a great time to listen to a full show)
Jazz: Dave Holland, Chris Potter, Brad Mehldau, Coltrane
All sorts of bluegrass, but not "old-timey" (personal preference)
Podcasts, especially beer shows, but a wide variety
Whatever I've acquired recently. Mostly jazz lately, but Mika is a guilty pleasure.

Just pop in whatever cd's I've got. So far it's mostly been Iron Maiden and Symphony X.

Back