Homebrew Legalization Progress in Mississippi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope for you all they are not going to stall it until it's too late. (In reality that is what happened to the AL bill in the Senate last year.)

No word. I tweeted the house bill sponsor and asked why the bill keeps getting skipped on the agenda.

He wrote back:

@dbaria: @AleStateYall my understanding is that the Gov. asked him to skip

I don't like the sound of that!

No word. I tweeted the house bill sponsor and asked why the bill keeps getting skipped on the agenda.

He wrote back:

@dbaria: @AleStateYall my understanding is that the Gov. asked him to skip

I don't like the sound of that!

"...for now" Spreading bills out a bit

msbrewblog said:
"...for now" Spreading bills out a bit

Thanks. Lack of information makes people (especially me) come up with conspiracy theories.

I know the legislature has its own way of doing things and I respect that.

I am one of those people who moved here from a state where home brewing was legal to be surprised by this law. It irks me that I lost a personal freedom when I came here to teach at one of Mississippi's universities.

I want my freedom back.

Some bills need to go to the governor at a modest pace. All is good though, we have 2 whole weeks before the next deadline.

Follow RaiseYourPints on the Twitters for updates

From the Raise Your Pints twitter feed:

"@raiseyourpints: If vote does not happen today, we've been assured it would tomorrow"

The Mississippi House convenes at 10am today. @RaiseYourPints promises they will take up our bill today.

Watch the action live here:
mms://av.ls.ms.gov/house

The bill passed the house 70-36! On to the governor.

The bill mirrors federal law. Up to 200 gallons per year. Plus we have the right to take beer to contests!

The bill passed the house 70-36! On to the governor.

The bill mirrors federal law. Up to 200 gallons per year. Plus we have the right to take beer to contests!

Ha. In that sense, Mississippi now has more rights than Kansas, where you can't take your beer outside of the home. I wonder what the 36 people who voted against it were worried about.

I'm surprised there wasn't more of a debate. I would have expected the more conservative politicians to grandstand a bit to appease their constituents.

5:26? That's rich.

The Bozos in Alabama will spend more time than that telling each other how much they respect each other before they tell them that God told them to vote no.

I added a new copy of the video. I messed up the audio on the first one. It was out of sync with the video.

[ame]http://youtu.be/Q6MhlNwsLpw[/ame]

MagooBrew said:
As the man from Prentiss asked, can the hillbillys be able to make moonshine in their kitchen? What a joke. I loved the informed.

That question was a plant. He was making fun.

Congratulations, y'all. I'm from Columbus. My dad and I had been brewing there for the past 4 or 5 years until I moved to Boston. My old man should be happy today!

Back