4LB CO2 Cylinder Dimensions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking at the Kegconnection 4 LB CO2 tank but can't find dimensions for this thing anywhere after searching Google or HBT.

I'm trying to figure out if it will fit in my fridge. Is it the same height of a 5 LB but with less diameter?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys, looking at the Kegconnection 4 LB CO2 tank but can't find dimensions for this thing anywhere after searching Google or HBT.

I'm trying to figure out if it will fit in my fridge. Is it the same height of a 5 LB but with less diameter?

Thanks in advance

I have one of those 4 pounders from Keg Connection. I just went out to my kegerator to measure for you. Looks to be about 20.5 inches tall (bottom to top of valve) and 4 inches in diameter.

They are odd little tanks. Mine was first hydro'd in 1978! Not sure where Keg Connection got them but, for the record, mine works like a champ. FYI, though, you will most likely need to find a place to fill it vice a tank exchange. I took mine to Airgas (when I was new and naive about kegging) to try and exchange it for a full one. They didn't know what the heck I had and said they wouldn't exchange it. :cross: haha! But, my local paintball joint fills it for me at $4 per pound. They always comment on it though. They think its a weird tank too. Because of that, I really love that freakin' tank now! She's my little oddball CO2 baby!

Good luck. Hope that helps! :mug:

Thanks Ruff. I can't find anything anywhere about this tank. Sounds neat but now I kinda just want a 2.5. I tend to take the road most traveled

I hear ya and I can understand the decision. Someday, I'll pick up a 5 or 10 pounder and serve from it. I envision eventually using that 4 pound tank for transfers or filtering or whatever else I might want some CO2 for outside of the kegerator.

RuffRider said:
I hear ya and I can understand the decision. Someday, I'll pick up a 5 or 10 pounder and serve from it. I envision eventually using that 4 pound tank for transfers or filtering or whatever else I might want some CO2 for outside of the kegerator.

Yeah dude the 4 is an unbeatable price. I called my LHBS that sells co2 and they acted like they never heard of 4 lbers. Said they would charge me the 5lb price!

Yeah, it still makes me wonder, out of curiosity, where Kegconnection found them. The price is right, though. That low price is what got me into kegging in the first place.

Back