Finally tapped my first homebrew keg / kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielc409

Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't really posted too much on this forum but have been reading the wealth of information that has been posted here and I appreciate it all!

Back on point, I brewed a clone about a month and a half ago, Southern Stars Bombshell Blonde. I kegged it up about a week or two ago, sitting on 10psi of co2 and I finally decided to hook up my faucet on my 4 tap keezer and did a little taster. And wow is all I can say! I'm very much satisfied on the way it turned out, visually, smell, and taste. Haven't done a side by side taste comparison of them yet but I will soon but I think it'll be pretty close.

The mouth feel is pretty similar and mine has the same malty / biscuity taste I think. It's the first homebrew I've kegged and I'm 100% happy with it.

I don't really have any pictures except a few of the building of the keezer and a picture I took today of my first serving. I got the idea of the keezer from www.billybrew.com and it's worked out pretty well. I do have have some condensation, but I think it'll lessen up once I get all 4 taps hooked up. There is a fan that I hooked up, a dehumidifier and foam on top of my collar to the keezer lid.

Here is the picture I took today:

218162_4197580454454_1186214303_n.jpg

It's a 4 tap keezer made from a 7.2 cubic foot chest freezer. I'll share the details in another thread or in a previous thread with members keezer builds.

Latest posts

Back