Have you had pain where...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerFun

Reaction score
...the liver and kidney are located on the right side. I have now. I often have pain where my liver is. The liver has no pain sensors, but when it swells it makes the surrounding tissue hurt. Lately I have had pain down where the right kidney is also. Kinda scary I think. I will drink beer at my funeral I guess. ;)

You sure it's not the gall bladder? I had that worry once, turned out my gall bladder would get inflamed after a lot of fatty food. It feels kinda tender just under the ribcage when it happens. I worried that it was my kidney too.

ever had a kidney stone?

to me they feel like someones stuck me with a flat needle and are twisting it in my kidney.
They can vary from not even noticeable to "please just shoot me now and end the pain". A bad kidney stone is something I wouldn't wish on anybody...one of mine was the worst pain I've ever felt ainec.

...the liver and kidney are located on the right side. I have now. I often have pain where my liver is. The liver has no pain sensors, but when it swells it makes the surrounding tissue hurt. Lately I have had pain down where the right kidney is also. Kinda scary I think. I will drink beer at my funeral I guess. ;)

I'd like to make a shocking reccomendation....... instead of posting on a forum about it looking for random advice from a bucnh of beer brewers.. GO TO THE DOCTOR! :p

On that note... kidney stones can also cause dull, throbbing, constant pain as well as sharp, flip you over in bed, pain. If you're not properly hydrating yourself they develop rather easily. I'd say unless you're 60+ years old and you are really heavily drinking that the liver is probably not the cause.

Spray some windex on it and it will be fine............Hey it works on mirrors...and i saw it on a movie one time:)

It could be a Kidney stone. I had a small one and it started out as a dull ache, and suddenly it was like, no, turn around and get me to the Hospital! By the time we go tot he hospital 10 minutes later, I changed my mind and said to take me home. By the time we got home I was doubled over sweating and nearly crying.

Back and forth all night until I could get to the Dr. I knew what it was from one of my friends who's had several. I got a X-ray and a full bottle of vicodin. By the time I got the RX from the store, it had passed. So small you could barely see it.

I have kidney stones, and have passed about 1-2 per year for past 5 years, (thanks to genitics) they start out like a dull ache in your lower back like a strained muscle, then as it migrates down towards the bladder it can turn into a blinding pain that can easily turn you into a crying baby curled up on the floor wishing you would die, have a doc check you out, piss in a jar to check for blood and enjoy the percocet

We tend to dole out lots of medical advice here.

I'm not a doctor, but I play one at HBT.

Seriously though, we can give you all sorts of "it could be....), but you need to go to the doctor. I would, for a couple of good microbrew 6-packs, be willing to do some exploratory surgery in my garage, however there is a malpractice waiver associated with this.

We tend to dole out lots of medical advice here.

I'm not a doctor, but I play one at HBT.

Seriously though, we can give you all sorts of "it could be....), but you need to go to the doctor. I would, for a couple of good microbrew 6-packs, be willing to do some exploratory surgery in my garage, however there is a malpractice waiver associated with this.

LOL I think I will pass. Maybe another time. :p

Thank you for all your replies. I will try Windex and WD40 and if it doesn't help I will se a doc. :mug:

Back