Colorado Springs local honey source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of some local honey sources around Colorado Springs? farmers markets, apiaries, etc?

looking to make a cherry melamel this fall, and would like to use something other than Safeway clover honey

thanks!

The Springs is a bit far south from here, especially since my primary honey supplier is up in Ft. Collins. But if you're willing to wait until later in the year (late September or early October is what I'm thinking at the moment), I'll organize another group buy and you will be able to get some good honey at a reasonable price (last group buy was for raspberry blossom at $2/lb.).

Other than that, there are some local guys down there who sell their honey to meadmakers. I just don't know any of them personally - sorry about that.

thanks for the replies.

I'm gonna be up in the springs for the next couple of days and was just wondering.

If I don't score this trip, I'd probably be interested in a group buy -thanks wayneb

anyone know of any good reliable on-line sites for bulk honey?

i have the itch to start my 3-gallon batch of cherry melamel, and would like to start making meads with something other than safeway clover honey (holds head in shame)

I checked out Wally World (WalMart) and their clover honey is nothing but honey according to their label. It's #3 at $7.92. That's cheap enough for me.

Vic

Lyons CO. Between Boulder and Longmont. Madahava Honey. They are my source of honey. Now they only have Wildflower, Clover, and Alfapha (my favorite).

If you talk to them and let them know you are not reselling the honey, usually by giving them a small sample of your mead. They will give you wholesale prices. You still need to buy wholesale sizes.

Last Quote: $4 return fee on a 42 pound bucket at $1.95 a pound. Or $81.90 for a bucket plus $4.00. So about $86 for 42 pounds. Still a good price.

Hello all, I know this is an old thread but wayneb do you still have a local source in fort collins for honey that you would be willing to share with me. Interested in getting into some mead but want to make sure I get the best ingredients if I am going to be waiting months for it to be ready.

kf

Back