Humpless chest freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irrenarzt

Professional Homebrewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've decided to bite the bullet and put a chest freezer in my closet where I'm fermenting normally. It'll have to be a smaller one (probably 9 ft^3 or less) to fit in there and I'd like to be able to do two 7.9 gallon buckets but I'll move to glass if I have to. I've had a couple of stuck ferments recently due to fluctuating temps so I need to eliminate this. I was thinking a humpless would be idea but I've never seen this. Possible to find?

Don't think so. The freezer needs a spot for the motor/compressor/electrical. That's what the hump is for.

Yeah I've never seen one without a hump but it'd be nice if there was one. I don't have a lot of space to do what I'd like to do.

Anyone know of a smallish one that fits two carboys?

I have a 9 cu ft one and it'll fit 3 6 gallon better bottles- 1 on the hump. It fits 4 corney kegs + carboy without a collar and 6 maybe 7 corneys if it had a collar. I usually have 2, 3 or 4 kegs and a carboy in there at any given time. Dimensions on mine are 41" x 22". The hinges stick out another inch. Best part is I found it at a yard sale for $40 2 years ago. :rockin:

Fantastic, thanks for the info. Home Depot was having a sale so I went with a 14.8 ft^3 model so I should have plenty of space.

It's amazing how quickly you run out of space with chest freezers. I already have a 9 ft^3 one with 4 taps as a keezer and 15 ft^3 one for cold crashing/keg carbing/cold storage.

Back