Help with Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adeering

Reaction score
So I make grilled homemade pizza for friends every couple weekends and Im trying to expand my recipe base for ideas for what to put on the pizza. Its going to be part of my retirement plan for opening a Brew Pub when I get out of the military. What I try to do is make pizza versions of popular dishes.

So for example ive made the following already:
Beef fajita
Gyro
Indonesian Chicken
Marinated Pork Loin

Along with quite a bit of other topping combinations, Im cooking tomorrow and need some ideas for two of the pizzas. I make everything from scratch (except the cheese) so any ideas would be appreciated. Oh and the dough is my own recipe to include beer dough, its quite amazing

Every Friday night is "Pizza and movie night" in my house. My SWMBO and I have two young sons (5 and 6 1/2) so it is a nice way to wind the week down and get into the weekend. We make homemade pizzas every Friday and one of my favorites is really really simple... just a basic tomato sauce, maybe a little bit of minced garlic,fresh mozz cheese, some good proscuitto and fresh basil. It's killer.

What do you put on the Gyro Pizza? It sounds really good. My wife and I like making a simple pizza with pesto, mozzarella, parmesan and some thinly sliced tomatoes on top with a little basil.

The Gyro pizza had a Tzatziki sauce instead of tomato, feta cheese, gyro lamb meat, tomatos, and onions. Was really good

And done similar stuff with the basil, pesto and simple toppings, good, looking for pizza version of a dish this time.

No idea if these will work but here are some ideas.

Korean BBQ Chicken
Curry Chicken
Smoked Salmon
Chicken & Chorizo

Some underutilized ingredients:
Marinated chicken breast (marinate 24 hrs in equal parts Kikkoman's teriyaki, soy sauce & pineapple juice; a few dashes of mesquite liquid smoke & a teaspoon of rooster sauce 1 cup of LME works wonders in a marinade).
Marinated onions
Morel mushrooms / truffles
Venison / elk
shrimp / crab / lobster / trout / salmon
Feta cheese / kalamata olives
Bok choy / kale / sorrel
Maybe try using some LME / DME in the dough.
How about the beer lover's special? Sourdough/beer crust (or maybe a spent grain crust?) with teriyaki/LME marinated meat, a marinara sauce made with a beer reduction, mozzerella and/or feta, Beer marinated onions, morel mushrooms, maybe garnished with fresh hops & served up with a pitcher of tasty brew.
Damn, I'm making myself hungry! :D
Regards, GF.

Thanks for all the comments, the dough is already beer dough as I use whatever beer I have on tap for the liquid. Also the dough does use some DME (well technically is barley malt syrup from the grocery store cause I dont keep dme on hand) the complex sugar allows for a second rise which makes for a very delicious textured crust.

I use an old family recipe for chicken that I do every time I cook pizza, thats kinda close to what you put.

Like the idea for the beer in the marinara sauce will have to try that next time

Back