Wine infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beani5003

Reaction score
hi,
i've never seen this before in any other batches of wine that i've made, worried that it might be Flowers of Wine, any ideas or suggestion?
thanks in advance

2012-04-05 21.01.41.jpg

thanks, its settled down a bit now, but foam on the top is still there, but its probs nothing, but theres a 4 inch deep layer at the bottom of the 'john thats cloudy, i dont undertand cause i've added pectolase, maybe its cause mangos are a pulpy fruit?

thanks, its settled down a bit now, but foam on the top is still there, but its probs nothing, but theres a 4 inch deep layer at the bottom of the 'john thats cloudy, i dont undertand cause i've added pectolase, maybe its cause mangos are a pulpy fruit?

Yes, I would expect that that the lees would be full of the pectin and pulp of the fruit. If it's slowed down, I'd rack to another vessel and top up a bit and see how it goes.

it kind of reminds me of a keeved cider. If the mangoes were high in pectin and solids than the co2 could float them just like in a keeved cider.

thanks eveyone, put my mind at rest, as long as a dont have to dump it, should i transfer it to another 'john asap, or can i wait to my other 'john becomes free? (i set both off at the same time.)

Latest posts

Back