quick question about pbw

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carbonzx

Reaction score
I was going to bottle tonight but i found out after partially washing all my bottles that i didnt have enough time to finish.
Anyways i have about 6 gal of pbw solution in a container with a lid on it. I have already used it to remove about a dozen bottles worth of labels and i have no more labels to remove. I notice that alot of the label adhesive has come off in the solution making it cloudy.
Pbw isnt really what i would call cheap but should i dump it and make more tomorrow or will the adhesive tainted solution be fine to do its job tomorrow?

If you're just using it to clean glass bottles, then I would just try to see what kind of mileage you can get out of it.

Since PBW is a cleaner and not a sanitizer, I'd just use it until it doesn't work anymore as long as only glass is involved. If it isn't cutting the mustard anymore, mix up new.)

Plain old bleach water works well for me if the goal is just cleaning off labels and bottle deposits. It's cheap, too.

Back