packing beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thasnazzle

Reaction score
I'm in DC for the weekend and plan on grabbing some local brews not distributed back home in Texas (recommendations welcome). My plan is to put them in a checked bag, any advice on how I should pack it to make sure that I don't have bottles broken in transit?

I place them inside my old socks and place them in the center of the suitcase. Make sure they aren't touching and make sure they are surrounded by your dirty laundry. If you have some gallon ziplock bags, they won't hurt either.

I always put them in zip lock bags and roll them up with my dirty clothes. Also put them in the middle of the bag but make sure they're cushioned on both sides. If you're flying Delta, you're screwed. This I speak from experience.

Similar for me. I bring extra t shirts. Each bottle is rolled in its own shirt. Put extra cushioning on the edges/outside of bag like dirty laundry, socks, etc.

I've done this to bring beer back and forth from Europe to the US and to/from various countries within Europe and no troubles, not once.

Only time I had a problem was with a canned beer. The can got crushed. Lame. Bottles in that same bag and no problem with them.

Back