Who loves it..this guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarus0530

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I posted here. I just kicked a case or two of an English bitter. (eba). I'm telling ya it blew me and my bud light friends away. I highly recommend this beer to you home brewers any time you want a fine tasting beer. I do have 3 questions what's an oatmeal stout? Is it heavy? Is it a one and done beer?

lazarus0530 said:
It's been awhile since I posted here. I just kicked a case or two of an English bitter. (eba). I'm telling ya it blew me and my bud light friends away. I highly recommend this beer to you home brewers any time you want a fine tasting beer. I do have 3 questions what's an oatmeal stout? Is it heavy? Is it a one and done beer?

Oatmeal stout is a heavier beer especially if you are used to Bud light. I have a great extract recipe for an oatmeal stout if you're interested. I brewed it and threw Starbucks coffee in the secondary for 24 hours before bottling and it was AH-mazing.

As far as one and done... I've had an oatmeal stout at 5% and one at 9%, some really thick like eating oatmeal and some smooth and goes down easy so everyone is different I guess.

lazarus, I would try a commercial version of an oatmeal stout to see if you like it. Maybe Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout, I really enjoy it, others might have some different examples for you. I would hate to brew five gallons of a beer I wasn't going to like.

jafo28 said:
lazarus, I would try a commercial version of an oatmeal stout to see if you like it. Maybe Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout, I really enjoy it, others might have some different examples for you. I would hate to brew five gallons of a beer I wasn't going to like.

Right.

sam smiths is good if you like that english taste.Try a few. Medicino oatmeal stout was really good but some cream stouts are nice n smooth.Better yet if you like your cream coffee and oats try a breakfast stout.

Back