"F4 Self-fusing Silicone Tape"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use it at work from time to time, self adhering (keep it clean and dry) works as advertised. What are you using it for?

Not sure exactly, just looked like an interesting product. Thought about using it as a way to cover the element connections instead of potting them or using a box

its more for making wire loom. they use it in aircraft wiring because its flame retardant. its not going to replace "potting", but im sure you can find some use for it in a control panel.

That stuff rocks. I had to use it once to tape my spark plug wire and cap back together and not only did it work it lasted 3 months till I could order some custom wires. " it was an old Porsche so I couldn't just run to a box store and buy a set".

I just got a chance to play with some of this tape at a fair. A vendor was selling it and let me have a couple peices to try. I was very surprised how strong it was considering how thin it was. After a couple minutes I had to cut it off, it fused to itself and couldn't be pulled apart. I wouldn't hesitate to use this in place of potting. It would easily hold a PVC cap on the element and keep it water tight.

Yes it's very handy stuff. Very stretchy, waterproof, and a fantastic electrical insulator. Once it has fused it's like a big rubber band. I don't know 100% about food safety of the pigment in the coloured tape, you might be better with the clear or white stuff if you can find it.

Latest posts

Back