If I had known that home brew could get me so effing drunk...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewinchef_fairfax

Reaction score
Holy Schnit boys and girls. 2 liters of home brew - a few pints at the bar and a couple of FireBalls can really knock your Di** in the dirt.. I should have started brewing at the age of 12...

I started drinking my grandfather's homebrew at the age of 5. So the point is... what's the point? Oh homebrew, yes, it's nice. Go easy on the homebrew, it's not just something people say... it's also a warning to be heeded.

Yea.. if you're not used to drinking the higher ABV beers, they will get you good. Gotta ease into this hobby. lol

One of them was 6.5 and the other 5.4 - I think I boiled it down to an empty stomach - along with the other drinks.. But drinking the home brew by the liter certainly takes the edge off.

For home I brew Stouts, Porters, Bitters, Milds, Hefes, and Kolschs.

All "Session" beers at about 4%.

I also brew some of these at 5% along with IPAs and then there are the occasional Belgians, Braggots and Barley Wines.

You just need to decide if you like beer or if you like alcohol because many styles tast just fine with a lower ABV.

YES! Some styles need to have the "alcohol bite" because it is part of the profile.

OH and brewing lower gravity beers means less cash spent for the ingrediants.

I like to have two or three pints each evening and not worry about it... driving or screwing up my sleep.

DPB

Ever notice that it's a different kind of drunk than what you would get from drinking commercially available beer? A nice smoother more mellow drunk...

I'll be the first to admit, I was a bit skeptical that my homebrew would be capable of administering a good buzz. Boy was I wrong.

Just the other night I drank a 6.75% IPA that I brewed a couple months ago. 4 on an empty stomach and I was completely FUBAR.

Put chili peppers in your homebrew beers....stout or the like. I swear it's hallucinagenic and I have others who've tried it to back up that assertion. Must have something to do with pours our sinuses opening up and letting the alcohol right it. Not talking about just getting buzzed but trippin' ballz.

One of my neighbors wives came over after she had been drinking a little at her house and she started pounding my home brew (3- 12 ounce glasses - so not a lot) but she just banged them back and started to sing along with Jenny Rivera videos on YouTube - within no time she was crying and stumbling around - to the point where I called her husband and told him to come get her.

When he came in to take her home and he told her I had called him - she turned into a devil she-witch and started yelling in my face and smashing her glass down on the table - almost taking my eye out. He had to grab her like a cop doing a take down and drag her kicking and screaming and yelling back to their house - fighting the whole way.

The next day everything was overturned in the back yard and some of her jewelry lost in the struggle turned up... Needless to say - she's not invited to any more parties - but Christ - this stuff must have an evil spirit in the bottle.

Ha ha wow some people just can't ha Dale real drinks that are not watered down fermented urine.:drunk:

Oh - the fun... Having a ringside seat to it was a real treat. Not to mention the couple of thousands of dollars of audio equipment that was 6 inches away from where she slammed her drink down. By a stoke of luck - not a drop hit it..

Lol at least you didn't have to kill the crazy biatch. Although you woulda probably done her man a favour

Put chili peppers in your homebrew beers....stout or the like. I swear it's hallucinagenic and I have others who've tried it to back up that assertion. Must have something to do with pours our sinuses opening up and letting the alcohol right it. Not talking about just getting buzzed but trippin' ballz.

I'm game. What kinda peppers, what quantity, should they be ground up?

I used chipotles in adobo sauce right out of the can. Rinse the sauce off then dry hop ....er pepper with them in a paint strainer bag. I only had about a gallon of American stout left so I put 2 peppers in for about 24 hours and it turned out about right. The chipotles give a nice mild late burn and make you hallucinate a little.

One of my neighbors wives came over after she had been drinking a little at her house and she started pounding my home brew (3- 12 ounce glasses - so not a lot) but she just banged them back and started to sing along with Jenny Rivera videos on YouTube - within no time she was crying and stumbling around - to the point where I called her husband and told him to come get her.

I'd do other things to my neighbor's wife way before calling her husband to come get her.... The spirit is evil in my favor.

Latest posts

Back