ss difusion stone fell in the deep

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dash

Reaction score
Help while aerating a batch yesterday my stainless steel diffusion stone popped off the tubing. I tried to pull it up with a rare earth magnet on the outside of the carboy, but it did not work. I pitched and all seems to be going well. I realize that Stainless is often used as a fermentation vessel, do I need to worry about this ss stone being in my primary?:confused:

Should not be a problem, just remember to grab it before you flush it down the drain. Magnets don't work with most Stainless.

It's no different than someone dropping their airlock grommet or anything else in the fermenter. It happens to all of us at one time or another and 99% of the time the beer turns out fine....You SS stone was sanitized so that's a plus...Some of the stuff that ends up in ours isn't.

There's plenty of interesting stories here;

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/wh...where-your-beer-still-turned-out-great-96780/

Back