What Temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ram6519

Reaction score
In the area that you have your cider fermenting what temperature is it in that room or area? I live in the deep south and my normal house temp is about 77 deg in the summer. Is that too high or would it ferment too fast? Winter wouldn't be a issue because I keep the heat set at 68 deg, I could just turn the heat off to that room. I was just wondering at what room temp everybody keeps their fermenting cider at.

at 62 it's a nice and slow ferment with an ale yeast. Going up to and beyond 72 will really speed the process up. I like to keep mine on the lower end of the scale, between 62 and 68, and as constant as possible

I live in southwest Wisconsin. Started two ciders last weekend, when it was suppose to cooler, but once again the weather man was wrong. Temps were in the high 80's and even with the a/c going it was still 76* in our house. My two ciders finished in about 4 days. The Carmel apple is clearing nicely now and the cran-apple is bottle conditioning. They both taste fine, but I just freaked out a little because it finished too fast and I have no bottles for the big one (Carmel apple). All in all I would say keep it cool let it Finnish slow...

Back