What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sierra Nevada Early Spring Beer...just as a warmup, we are heading to the Elysian in about 1/2 hour for dinner.

Jamil's pale mild, again. still good.
2009-06-03%2023.58.48.jpg

just came back from a bar that had "fat tire" and the same brewing companies "wit"...
started of the evening with a sam smith taddy porter, some grouper fish & chips (w/ malt vinegar of course) and finished off with a magic hat #9 on draft. (I actually tasted the apricot for the 1st time! Up until now I thought they where lying about the apricot... Might have just gotten a fresh keg!)

Went on an IPA jaunt last night:

Stone IPA
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
Ballast Point Big Eye IPA
Sierra Nevada Southern Harvest
Moylans Hopsickle

Drinkin' my own Rye IPA tonight. Damn fine beer if I don't say so myself...

I seem to be noticing a jump in popularity of Rye beers in this group. I understand they are harder to mash given the lack of a husk and there are few commercial examples. Are any drawbacks easily solved by rice hulls?

I seem to be noticing a jump in popularity of Rye beers in this group. I understand they are harder to mash given the lack of a husk and there are few commercial examples. Are any drawbacks easily solved by rice hulls?

Yup. Any of my beers with rye, wheat, rice or corn get a handful of rice hulls as a cheap insurance policy. Haven't seen a stuck sparge yet...

Found a couple Anchor Porter's in the back of the beer fridge that I am currently enjoying. They have been there at least a year. Tasty stuff.

Rot Weiss to be followed up by a run of Guinness. I need the bottles and the Wings are in playing for the cup. I can see 18 empty bottles in my near future.

GO WINGS!

testing the Kegged Hefeweizen for the Convention next week.

:rockin: with just a little bit of :ban:

Club night should be fun fun fun

Strawberry Wit i keegged a month ago. Nice but should have secondaried it even though its a WIT to get the last of the strawberry seeds out. It clogged my poppets twice. I had to siphon to a new keg and recarb. Hope it didnt mess up flavor. Seems OK though.

Sierra Nevada Summerfest lager.
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot.
Lagunitas hairy eyeball.
Chaos Brewfest Marzen.
Chaos Hefeweizen... aka Heinrich.

:mug:

Coffee, lots and lots of coffee.

I do have 2 or 3 homebrewed Russian Imperial Stouts set aside for later on...........:cool:

A historic porter (1850 Whitbread London Porter)....fan-freaking-tastic.

Hopped to a much higher IBU than one would expect from a brown porter, and I utilized homeroasted brown malt.

This one's going on the competition circuit for sure.

Back